1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No WMD in Iraq,huh?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Time for the Bush bashers to explain away 550 metric tons of 'yellowcake' uranium.

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

you have a good point brian on the other hand time for the bush backers to tell us why it has taken 5 years to get it out of iraq.

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Don't worry, When Obamee the commie get's in it will be for sale on the street corners in the middle east. It won't be a safe existance, but all the Bush hates will have CHANGE!

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks, after hearing from Saddam's victims, that the madman would NOT pursue a WMD policy has their head in the sand or up their kazoo.

His big gun attempt, revived in 2002 shows the aggressive nature of his dictatorship.

A whole village full of Kurds found out about his WMD program too.

HM

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have always said that no matter who was elected they would not pull out of Iraq anytime soon. Obama has already let the truth begin to slip out. The promise to quickly bring the troops home was so much crap for the STUPID voters in America that don't have a clue about foreign policy and how completely stupid and dangerous it would be for us to surrender Iraq to the most radical terrorists on earth. His domestic programs of tax and spend will destroy our economy, his eventual cuts in military spending to buy votes as dems always do will hurt our military in the long run, but he will not cut and run any time soon. You have to remember, Obama would be the most inexperienced President we have ever had. He will say a lot of very stupid things through his own ignorance right up until he takes office and his advisors get hold of him.

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

By itself neither is a bullet.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

We all know Bush has put it there to find.

8. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

ALF is right: Bush did it.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I like chocolate cake better.

10. larryjk

larryjk Member

If Bush put it there, where did it come from? Yellow cake is accountable and you don't snap your fingers and have 550 metric tons appear. I have seen the process and yellowcake is one step in the process on the way to BOOM. Or it can also be the step in the process to fuel rods. Fuel rods and weapon grade material are miles apart in the process.

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Cat got your tongue, 2str8???

12. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

How come if this is such a big story that I first heard about it on Trapshooters.com?

Paladin, grow up and quit looking for a fight.
    -Phantom

13. Paladin

Here PhantomTrapp or, or,,,, mash on this link, or Brian's link. Better yet, read the news. It's been in the news for two days now.

Amazing, just a 4 minute response time, LOL!!

14. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

Yes, I know it's legit, all I'm saying is that if really was a huge big deal or something like that, Bush would have already had, or planned a speech/press conference about it. So where's that?

Also, "Officials told The New York Times that while the material could not be used in its current form for a nuclear weapon or dirty bomb, the unstable environment in Iraq, along with the health dangers that can be caused from it sitting around in concentrated forms, encouraged officials to make sure it was put in secure hands." Now to me, this doesn't sound very deadly. Or anything to do with any weapon of any kind let alone a WMD.
    -Phantom

15. rustygun

rustygun Member

No offense guys, all you need to do is read.

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

16. Paladin

"Also, "Officials told The New York Times that while the material could not be used in its current form for a nuclear weapon or dirty bomb, the unstable environment in Iraq, along with the health dangers that can be caused from it sitting around in concentrated forms, encouraged officials to make sure it was put in secure hands." Now to me, this doesn't sound very deadly. Or anything to do with any weapon of any kind let alone a WMD. -Phantom"

When in power, Saddam never lost the intense desire to make nuclear weapons. Excerpts from the secret tapes that were found after he was removed, and released by NBC documented that. Just exactly WHAT do you think he was going to do with it,,make shoe shine??

Also, you don't have a very good grasp of what is "deadly".

rustygun,

After slick willie allowed the first U.N. inspectors to be kicked out of Iraq, there was no more "safeguard".

17. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

A careful reading of the above article does not lead one to believe that the yellowcake in question was ever under Saddam's control after 1991.

Also, the Iraqi Government sold the yellowcake. If it were part of Saddam's cache of WMDs, would the US Military not have confiscated it and taken control?

Sorry, but not even Cheney still believes there were WMDs in Iraq.

Danny

18. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

Was there any evidence of Sadam trying to convert the Yellowcake into a form that may be used in weapons? If so, then I will concede the point.

Amen Danny
    -Phantom

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The problem with the whole WMD argument is that it was Saddam that went to great lengths to convince everyone that he had WMDs. Whether he did or not is really immaterial. It is like a guy that hands a teller a note that says "I have a gun, give me your money". Only a fool would say "Nope, you have to shoot me before I believe you".

Now we know that Saddam used gas on the Iranians and on the Kurds and he certainly gave no indication that he would have any personal constraints about supplying chemical, biological or radioactive material to terrorist organizations if it fit his perverted purposes. As such only fools, or those on his payroll like the Russians, French and UN leadership could stand by and not take his repeated threats seriously.

Further, the majority of people only think in terms of catastrophic events like 9/11 or a major chemical or dirty bomb attack. I can assure that this Country could be severly economically injured with just one ounce of anthrax released in each of our 24 largest airports. Think about that. An amount of anthrax equal to a box of shells could virtually shut down a major part of our economy for months.

Saddam did, or certainly claimed to, pose a risk that only fools would accept. It was good riddance of a very bad actor.

20. Paladin

dmarbell,

The U.N. inspectors were kicked out of Iraq in late '98. Saddam was not removed from power until early '03. Tell me exactly who had "control" of 550 metric tons of yellowcake for over four years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.