1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No way a fair trial in NYC for 9/11 terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I do not think it possible to have a fair trial for the 9/11 terrorists 2 blocks away from ground zero because the jurors would need to push their way through the throngs lining up to man the firing squad.

My prediction:

Terrorists will not move for a new location

Trial will be a circus

Small possibility the Judge will throw out all evidence against the terrorists for violation of their Constitutional rights. (I want to puke for saying that)

Good possibility the jury will be hung. (Only takes one juror, I think)

Very good possibility the jury will not vote for death penalty (there are a lot of Liberal nut jobs in NYC)

Lou

2. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

In the case of terrorists I do not believe that the death penalty is the way to go, even though they absolutely 100% deserve it. If they are killed by the US Government they will be seen as martyrs, which only furthers their cause towards other extremists. Letting them rot in sub-par prison conditions is the best option to take care of them.
    -Trappy

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If punishment were up to me, I would dunk them in water until their clothes were soaked and then throw them into a fenced area of large pigs that had not eaten in 2 or 3 days. Problem solved!! Larry

4. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Why the wet clothes?

5. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

I sure hate to admit this, but Trappy's right, unfortunately it won't happen. The A.H.s will probably get off easy..

Larry

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Why the wet clothes? The pigs will be very thirsty. Larry

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Again, I repeat - the criminals have admitted their guilt and are proud of it.

So no need for anything too drawn-out here, in my opinion. Accept their plea, send them to be with the virgins like they _requested_, and get this over with.

But...that would be too neat. It wouldn't give the Alan Dershowitz/ACLU/Pew Trust types the klieg-lighted stage they so desperately desire, for putting "The American Military Intelligence System" on trial.

A chance like this to dismantle the CIA only comes along once in a generation. The Upper Manhattan types are not about to miss out on it.

8. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Could I be put in charge of getting them from gitmo to NYC????? I promise they will get there in one piece,,,,,,,,

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy12

"Letting them rot in sub-par prison conditions is the best option to take care of them."

Just a couple of thoughts here young fella. Do you think that letting them rot will make them any less the martyrs? I think the only difference is they will still be alive and a martyrs. Therefore as good as being turned loose!!!!!!

If they are left to rot in a sub-par prison can anyone guarantee that if let live that they at some point won't be turned loose to relieve overcrowding. Or for health reasons such as the convicted terrorist of the Lockerbee Scotland airliner bombing. No thank you Trappy as far as I am concerned cook them up right and we won't have to worry about them again.

Bob Lawless

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

If they're locked up for life, especially in the "civilian" system, they will become "ransom chips." Next time some expat American who made stupid choices in a dangerous place gets kidnapped (doing "church missionary work" or some other stupid bullshit), the terrorists will demand the plotters' release in exchange - especially if they think they are dealing with a "soft" U.S. administration on the other end.

Ordinarily, I'd have confidence that American administrations wouldn't deal with that type of blackmail. But - given who's in there now - how could you know?

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I have an alternative solution to the question of whether they should be put to death or left to rot in prison. How about letting them free.

Not on the streets, but somewhere they can roam freely. I say the next space shuttle mission they should receive Vip seats. Fix em up with a space suit and let em go for a space walk - untethered!! No return flight. If the rags want em back, then they can go get em. Then they will be responible for their deaths if they don't go rescue em.

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

If they are tried here on American soil do they get all the same rights as a citizen??

If so does that include Miranda Rights? They did not get them before questioning. The evidence against will be inadmissible in court. If so they will go free.

Should be tried under Military law. Almost no loopholes to escape.

Rock

Jim

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

ivanhoe, yes I certainly do believe that they would become a lot less of a martyr. If they are not killed by the American government, and instead die in the prison system, they will not be viewed as martyrs at all. Name one great martyr in history who was kept alive in prison. Then again, by definition in order to be a martyr you must die for your cause.
    And as somebody said above, they should definitely be dealt with by the military.
    Clayshooter, yes I believe they do. I think it's hidden somewhere in the Patriot Act.
    -Trappy

14. wanderer

wanderer Member

Lets hope that the terrorists get acquitted by their N.Y. jury of "peers", then released into the city of N.Y. so they can mingle with their "soul mates" who voted for this fiasco. Would truly be ironic and fitting. Just hope they can find their way to chuckie schumer's and the clinton's. G.E.G.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy

"Then again, by definition in order to be a martyr you must die for your cause."

Well gee trappy old boy there is more than one definition for the term martyr. As a matter of fact in the dictionary that is on line there are three definitions. The following is number three and it doesn't mention death. Just what I think would be defined as a severe hardship.

3 : victim; especially : a great or constant sufferer <a martyr to asthma all his life.

Bob Lawless

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trappy,

Did you ever hear of Nelson Mandela?

He's not a martyr, since he's alive and out of prison.

...but then again, that sorta proves the point, doesn't it?

17. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Wash. D.C. and Penn are alternative sites.

But not needed. Case will be tried in U.S. Federal District Court. Not state court. Government asking for the death penalty. Will get it. Death by hanging.

Defendant will probably be housed in the Super-Max in Colorado, or the East Coast Navy Brig, waiting for the US Supreme Court to affirm the conviction and penalty.

New Yorkers know what to do with this case. They tried and convicted terrorists previously. N.Y.C. was the site of the murders. They remember.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Marxist in charge made sure not to be around when this was announced. Does this tell you anything?

The criminals will not be on trial.

They will put on trial the CIA, waterboarding, and the awful Bush administration.

They will spend millions of dollars and many moons of constant USA bashing.

When it's done the parts of the world that don't hate us will be laughing their ass off at our stupidity.

Hope that gives Trappy a warm fuzzy. Beavis and Butthead for Supreme Court.

HM

19. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Would'nt it be nice if they would fly them from Gitmo' to Florida by helicopter and just by chance they would try to take over the helicopter and by luck/chance they all would be ejected over water at say 8,000 feet or so and Voila problem solved!

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ivanhoe, if they are locked up and put in jail, they will hardly get enough publicity to be considered martyrs. Try actually thinking about it and not just arguing with me because it's me.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.