1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No voter I.D required in Penna.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by JayZap, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

Judge overturns voter I.D. requirement in Penna. Aparently there is little or no fraud during elections and this would only hamper certain individual's their right to vote. Vote early and often.

2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I'm embarrassed for my state today.

3. pdq

pdq Member

Probably a Democratic judge.

Pete

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Was it a new special voter ID. that everyone must obtain to vote?

It was already a political lightning rod when a top state Republican lawmaker boasted to a GOP dinner in June that the ID requirement "is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania." How stupid can stupid be, for someone in their own party, to reveal the real reason for it. I would think that the most embarrassed people, would be the people that already have the required ID.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's even worse in Oregon. Anyone can fill out a voter registration card by mail with no ID required. Forms are handed out at the DMV, even to non-citizens. If the state is catching anyone they sure aren't publicizing it.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Some how, there has to be put into place a way of removing "activist" judges!

We here in WA state have a "initiative" process which states only ONE item can be on the initiative ballot. YOU would THINK a educated person could count past ONE wouldn't you?

We have Supreme court justices here that CAN'T!!! That's how we lost our hound hunting and bait hunting regulations and trapping using leg hold traps!

The liberals got it pasted by a narrow margin, it went to court with the state game department in the fight to overturn it. 3 issues on one ballot initiative, made it a "illegal initiative". Judges should have overturned RIGHT? KEY WORD "Educated" !!

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Notice that the "top state Republican lawmaker" doesn't have a name which would make a sensible person doubt the story promulgated by a leftist. Spreading liberal propoganda meets the definition of the s-word.

Vern is correct, this is only a temporary injunction, not a permanent one.

8. Stl Flyn

Why is it thought, that all voter fraud is on the Democratic side? The reasons are very clear, along with these required ID. laws that only affect a certain voting demographic. The only way these voter ID. laws should even have a chance, is if a special voter ID. is to be obtained by every voter that votes, otherwise the reasoning is plain to see.

9. Stl Flyn

Here you go. Click.

Hope this makes sense.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

reasoning- Stl Flyn. Oxymoron

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The reasoning for voter ID laws is that anybody can commit voter fraud and it's easy to do. ID's keep the system honest and guarantee that fraud doesn't flourish. All that's needed is a picture ID- claims that a "special voter ID" is required is nothing but stinky liberal tripe.

The sad fact is that liberals believe in winning at all costs and think that cheating is justified because the ends justify the means. This is why--
    [​IMG]

12. Brian in Oregon

Why is it the very people who get free cell phones and EBT cards claim it's too difficult to get state issued photo ID?

13. Stl Flyn

Sounds to me like desperation, is on the Right!

Re-read my post. You are adding false information. It really is not that hard to interpret.

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Isn't in reality an EBT card a form of ID? That card ids a person that is entitled to walk into a store and remove certain items from the shelves without paying?

Why not just let the same people walk in without the EBT Id and remove items? Oh that would be wrong and stealing. But you can walk in and grab a vote?

15. Stl Flyn

Brian, your post just reinforced my point.

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You made a point alright.

17. Brian in Oregon

I swee no need for a special govt issued voter ID, when every state is issuing drivers licenses or state photo ID. Why add another level of redundancy and cost?

Show state issued picture ID, then go vote.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Vern, it was stlflym who falsely claimed that "every voter" would have to get a "special voter ID". Brian was only pointing out how nonsensical that was.

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

For a minute there I thought those "extra" 600,000 votes that showed up in Philadelphia last time, were in jeopardy. Whew!

Bob Falfa

20. Stl Flyn

Galt,

READ MY POST AGAIN!!!!! Where do you see in there, that a Special voter ID. is required now, or would be required? Do you see anywhere in that sentence the word "IF"? Here, I don't want you to have to go back and get confused even more.

"The only way these voter ID. laws should even have a chance, is if a special voter ID. is to be obtained by EVERY voter that votes, otherwise the reasoning is plain to see."

In other words, if you are going to require a legal voter to do something you, or I, don't have to do to vote, because we already have the required ID., make it so we all have to do it. UNDERSTAND NOW!!!!!!

The Representative mentioned above, made the reason perfectly clear for allowing just a photo Id. that most, if not all, voting Republicans would have. Again there is no proof what so ever that voter fraud is as prevalent, as you all state. It is all rhetoric!

All of you are trying to suppress legal voters, that would typically vote Democratic, by making a law that would do so! That does not sound AMERICAN to me! Like I said, make it so everyone has to do it, before they vote, so it is not so clearly discriminating. Is it that you feel you should not have to do something extra to vote? Hmmm. Otherwise what is wrong with that? Wouldn't it make it harder for both parties voters, to commit voter fraud? Because the evidence is very clear that it is happening on both sides! Not nearly to the extent you all mention, but your numbers help your cause for voter suppression, with a requirement of an ID. you already have.

You where actually contributing lately with some good posts. Why do you have to twist the truth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.