1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NO "Shoots Near Me" listed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Sep 18, 2013.

1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have tried a few times over the past few days to see what shoots, if any, may be scheduled close to me. Today I went through the entire list of 59 clubs shown within 100 miles of me and not a single club had a single shoot listed. I know of at least a few that are scheduled, including a Northwest PA zone at Bradford on Sept 21-22.

I have sent an e-mail to the ATA asking if this function could be either made to actually work or remove it, and its misleading information, from the web page. That e-mail was just sent so I expect it may take a bit of time to get a response. If and when a response is provided, I will post the info here.

My question is has anyone actually been able to see an accurate list of shoots near them in the past month or so? Or does anyone know how long this has not been working?

2. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

About as efficient as getting out the new cards!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If those clubs do not submit the info to the ATA, it won't be listed. Are you 100% sure the clubs submitted the info to the ATA listing the dates of their shoots? Of course it's always easier to just blame the ATA.

4. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Yes it is easy to blame the ATA as each club is part of the ATA. The leadership should make submitting of all info regarding clubs and shoots mandatory before a club can host an ATA event.

5. grntitan

Jefferson,

Tell us how it works since you seem to be so well informed.

6. 9point3

What do you not like about the post? It is pretty simple, If you want to host a weekend shoot, you need to supply certain info to the Sate Association as well as the ATA. Things like address, shoot dates, start times, contact info etc. If not supplied, the shoot can't be registered. Costs no more than a stamp and a sheet of paper or a few minutes on a keyboard or phone. The ATA could mandate this very easily.

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Yes, the ATA definitly was notified of shoots that should be in the "Shoots Near Me" listing. For instance, Bradford has the zone shoot and another listed in their ATA clubs listing, Alleghany Country Rifle Club has seven or eight shoots listed in their club info on the ATA site. Harrisville has four shoots listed.

So the problem is definitely within the ATA web site information posting on the "Shoots Near Me" function. After finding shoots shown for four of the first six clubs I checked for western Pennsylvania, and not seeing any of them listed in the SNM, that pretty well points to where the problem is/was. The clubs sent to info in, the ATA has it posted on the clubs info pages and does/did not have it in the SNM listing.

No response to my e-mail question has been received from the ATA yet.

BUT IN CHECKING THE SHOOTS NEAR ME A MINUTE OR TWO AGO, SHOOTS WERE NOW LISTED FOR THE ALLEGHENY COUNTRY RIFLE CLUB AND OTHER CLUBS. It looks like they fixed up the broken link or whatever the problem was.

8. grntitan

Jefferson,

I know what your post meant. I want to know how it works now. What is the current method?

•••••••••••••••••••

pyrdek,

Glad they got you info up. Must have been a glitch as you stated for them to have it entered so quick.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

NO

"The ATA could mandate this very easily."

It's already done. That's how a shoot gets to be "registered."

Every shoot is already submitted to ATA before hand by each State/Provincial Association Secretary.

Rule Book Section III, A.

10. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

NO

Plugged in Bradford PA zip code ( 16701 ),Plugged in 100 miles. Got 48 clubs and shoot dates up to 11 October. If it isn't working may be that your browser isn't compatible. If you have the 'broken page' icon on your IE bar try a Compatibility View.

Don T. Littleton CO

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

NO

Part of the problem with having an "official publication" of the ATA that is not the ATA. It's an extra step to get the nations shoot schedule in print. It shouldn't take that much time to transfer information but all organizations add to their production time when there are extra steps and people to go through.

It's just the nature of our beast.

12. 9point3

NO

"The ATA could mandate this very easily."

It's already done. That's how a shoot gets to be "registered."

"Every shoot is already submitted to ATA before hand by each State/Provincial Association Secretary. "

Perfect, If they would only include start times!

13. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

NO

"Shoots Near Me" defaults to 25 miles. Did you expand the search?