1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No reloads barrel stamp

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

My Kolar has a barrel stamp that says "use factory loaded target ammunition only" I can not find anything similar on my 90T or Browning XT.
    I'm sure it's stamped on there for "CYA" purposed only, but have to ask if the other P & K guns have similar warnings.
    I can't imagine everyone adhering to this, but am asking for general purposes.

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

CYA is the only explination that makes sense to me. And yes, it seems to be the norm these days, although it might be difficult to learn who started it, or when.

mike

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That stamp is an out if reloads are used, except, should the metal be proved to have flaws in the manufacturing process it isn't worth the stamp. They know too that people will send the gun back to them for test purposes if crap happens. Hap

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Never saw that stamp on a Ljutic...
    Maybe it's something new.

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I think Ruger may have started it. I consider it a blemish.

6. 3357

3357 Member

My KX-5 has the stamp.

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

"But once you have a reload episode that requires a white cane or a smarter than you are dog, or a state of the art hearing aid, bravado goes out the window and the smartest lawyer in town is your new best friend. JF" doggai.

Unfortunetly I have known a couple of reloaders that fit this description, guys that an 1 1/8 isn't an 1 1/8 until the lightest charge the bar throws is 1.126 OZ., Always have to go a grain or two or three over the book listing to get, "the most accurate load!" "the best pattern!".

But for the most part the reloaders that I know practice, Hit the mid range of the book, max.- min. powder charge listings. and 1.120 really is 1 1/8 OZ. If you find one shell in a batch that is not right the whole batch is suspect, and not to be used.

At that point, What is the point of the "NO Reloads stamp"

But Alas there are enough of the first type of hot rod reloaders, or for that matter the ones that don't have a scale and just use the bushings out of the loader makers catalog, so that the Fine Firearms makers have to CYA.

Al Lingham

8. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Shoot your reloads-and don't give it another thought!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.