1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No primers until January 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

We have been advised by C.A.C. of PA, that they have been advised by the manufacturers there will be no primers shipped to them until January 2010.

I have no further details at this time.

Curt

2. shaner

shaner Member

who is CAC ? are you talkin all primers just shotgun?

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Some Winchester 209's are going through the system now-not sure how many!!

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Graf & Sons are getting a shipment in on October 16th. If you need some call and get on the back-order list. 1-800-531-2666. Dave T.

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

this past weekend our local gun club owner received a shipment of 150,000 Winchester AA primers. A shooter we members had never seen before showed up the day of delivery and purchased 100,000 of them. One of the club members purchased 25,000 of them which he distributed amoung 10 friends who couldn't get to the club that day. The remaining 25,000 sold out the same day.

We actually asked the gun club owner why he felt it necessary to sell 100,000 primers to one individual who wasn't even a member and his reply was "he'll sell to anyone who has the money." So much for the benefits of being a club member.

Either hoarding by the 100M purchaser or he had no other outlet to purchase primers.

I still have not heard if, in fact, the manufacturers are working 'round the clock, where are all the primers going ?

By the way, selling price was $30 per thousand I think.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Call for yourselves.

Curt

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

What an asshole. It's not like he was going to have any trouble selling them all to club members.Jeff

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Our local Gun show was selling primers but limiting sales to 1000 only per person....sold out 20 minutes after opening!....

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Along with a shipment of targets, shot and powder, I ordered a sleeve of Winchester primers. It took 6 days for delivery.

Pat Ireland

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Gamaliel has all you want at least there is no limit on the web site. They are $34 per M plus hazmat. not bad if you combine orders.

Rock

Jim

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I understand my Win 209s I ordered, arrived without incident. BTW, I understand Clays is back...

regards,

Jay

12. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Just bought 15,000 win 209's and 15,000 fed yesterday 150.00 per 5,000. He said if you want more you can have them same price,was plus tax. This are from his order he received 2 weeks ago.

13. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

I remember back when (I think it was Hillary) just mentioned banning the sale of primers. You'd get laughed at for asking if a gun supply store had any rifle primers. It was back in the 90's.

What caused the limitations this time?

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Probably the Middle East mess, Democrap Prez & Congress, a Leftist Supreme Court...

Just to mention a few....

Curt

15. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

The intentions of the Gov. is to short the supply of metals for components of anything that can be used to make ammunition to the private sector. Its a different way to limit the use of sporting guns. The way they are doing this is the Govt. is buying up most of the metals except for the makers of the companies that are producing war ammo. Next they are selling the metals to China and other countries at a inflated price. This inturn short supply for manufacturing for the private sector. The intentions are to drive the price high enough that it will not be a favorite pastime and the public will no longer ingage. Of course there is plenty to be said but you get the picture. Only chance left is impeachment.
    Their are only two things that the president is responsible for and that is the protection of the DOLLAR and the second is the WELL BEING OF THE AMEICAN CITIZEN. One thing for sure the first is defenitly a impeachable offense. B12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.