1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Noise In In Illinois?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AJ100, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Don't tell me there is NO noise in Illinois.

I just got my latest edition of Gun Digest, the old Gun List.

Page 15, Illiniois Gunmaker: Moving On?

According to Quad Cities Online, "Les Baer Custom Inc., which has made custom handguns and rifles for 25 years in Illinois, is in the process of trying to move from it's Hillsdale location to LeClaire(Iowa)."

Curently, several anti-gun bills are before the Illinois House and Senate, including bans on .50 caliber firearms and ammunition.

Baer admitted that incessant attempts to take away gun rights prompted his search for an out of state location.

A spokesman for Rock River Arms in Colona, admitted the company was also considering a move.

The Point?

Looks like Illinois will take your money when you go to Sparta. Just don't try and set up shop there.

Screw Illinois, sorry Sparta!

AJ100

2. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I would like to see all gun related industries leave Illinois and any other anti-gun states too. Maybe that would be a small message to the anti a$$hole politicians...Bill

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

bill1949- Could you provide a list of States where gun rights are safe for the next 25 years?

Pat Ireland

4. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

In addition to gun laws there is a new tax proposed by the Governor. That tax is a gross receipts tax. This is not a tax based on net income but on gross receipts. If that tax is passed there will be other businesses leaving Illinois too.

5. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I live in IL but wish I lived in Texas, I would say TX and AZ are probably the most gun friendly states.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You think Ill. is the only state trying to pass new stupid taxes. Michigan has about 4 in the hopper and I wouldn't be surprised if others weren't doing the same.

Don

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The one thing I truly love living in Texas is the respect for lawful gun ownership, and the laws here show it.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    CalvinMD, quote: "The one thing I truly love living in Texas is the respect for lawful gun ownership, and the laws here show it."<br>
    <br>
    Yeah, now.<br>
    <br>
    The Luby's Massacre really showed how much the anti-gun politicians respected the right to self defense.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

This is no joke................Illinois shooters must unite! We must press our rights in the courts.

10. Brian in Oregon

Yeah....Maybe the ATA will protest by moving out of Sparta.<br>
    <br>
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like that will ever happen.

11. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Come on, Brian. I'm sure you know it was the Luby's massacre that prompted the current "shall issue" status of TX. Back then, darn few states had "shall issue" laws.

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

IL's state constitution already guarantees 2nd amendment rights, but as we all know they can be controlled to a degree by legislative action. The sky is not falling, but it is partly cloudy, with a 60% chance of rain.

Jay

13. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Texas would be proud to have them move here.

14. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

What did the comic Ron White say? "In Texas, if you kill someone, we kill you back. In Texas, we put in an express lane."

On the serious side for a sec. The reason I put the original post up was because I imagined those anti 2nd Amendment politicians sitting around and saying, Well hell yes we will take the tax money those "trap" shooters bring in here. It's ONLY once a year for that big shoot and then we will be rid of them.

SCREW Illinois!!!

I made the trips to Vandalia, and I admit I might not have gotten to Sparta anyway, but NO WAY I would go if they want to pass those kind of anti 2nd Amendment laws.

AJ100

15. Brian in Oregon

no5shooter, quote: "Come on, Brian. I'm sure you know it was the Luby's massacre that prompted the current "shall issue" status of TX. Back then, darn few states had "shall issue" laws."<br>
    <br>
    Yes, that's exactly the point. The politicians did not respect CCW *BEFORE* the Luby's massacre. The put unreasonable restrictions on it, and the result was disarming the very people who could have stopped the Luby's massacre.<br>
    <br>
    Go back and reread my post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

there is no noise in illinois