1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Navigator at our next shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Traveling South on US 15, just North of Thurmont on our way to the Orthopedic Surgeon to look at Barb's poor shoulder (another story) We encountered high cross winds and some snow drifting across the highway. We were in the right lane going about 50MPH and a trucker was in the fast lane passing several cars and us. The wind caught him and he started to jackknife and came clear into our lane, clipping the driver's side mirror and forcing us off the road. We hit and broke off a light standard, crossing a culvert and ditch, sliding sideways into a field, and coming to rest on the access road to The Shamrock Restaurant. Both Driver's side rims were broken and the rear tire blown out. We have no idea as to the damage to the undercarriage, but the fuel pump relay was thrown, and there was a trail of green liquid following the skid marks. Also I retrieved some steel debris, prolly suspension pieces parts. The rear Passenger door is damaged on the lower quarter, and the retractable running board is toast. The air bags did not deploy and neither one of us got so much as a bump. The trucker stopped and the fire trucks & rescue guys came, as well as local & MD State police. There was no question as to who was at fault and so, now we'll see how the trucking company's insurance handles the incident. We're covered by Erie, and they are already helping out with what we need to know/do. The poor Navigator was taken by rollback to Crouse Ford in Taneytown, and as usual they couldn't do enough for us, they faxed the MSP report to the necessary parties and gave us a new Taurus to drive until the insurance co gets us one. We were lucky, and thank heaven for that safe, wonderful, barge we drive. Lucky us for not getting hurt....mike&barb

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Thank heavens you were not hurt. The truck can be replaced.

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thats terrible mike, im glad to hear you are both okay. Like shooting coach said above the truck can be replaced but you guys cant be. Im glad you are alright and hope you the best in dealing with insurance companies. There is no shoot tomorrow it has been cancelled, and we wont be able to make the north carroll as we will be in florida, but hope to see you at the makeup shoot for nu ox. Good luck and again im glad you both are okay.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Glad you are both okay, be careful out there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You guys have real good karma.....

Congrat's on no injuries...

Curt - Delaware

6. Randy P

Randy P Member

Mike, glad you two are OK, wouldn't be the same shooting without you around to harass!! Tell Barb, cath and I said Hi and glad she is alright also!!

7. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Hey mike, Are you sure you didn't have any of that good homemade wine.....?
    Just kidding. I am very happy to hear ya'll are O.K. I would really hate to lose another good friend,,,,,,,,especially one of your caliber.
    God bless and take good care.
    D.P.Reynolds

8. DANNY

DANNY Member

Mike, I am happy to hear Barb & yourself where not injured. Vehicle can be replaced, not so with friends & good people. Danny Hutton

9. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Mr Poore,I think your pretty lucky you were in a full size vehicle like that Navigator instead of some mini.I know i have a Tahoe and feel a lot more secure on the highway in that.Im glad you folks were un hurt.S.U.Vs are a dime a dozen. LOL

Sandy.in Ct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.