1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No More USPS Priority Mail for me!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have switched to ups and fedex for things I really want to get there.

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

Have had it take almost a month for 2-3 day priority, don't be too hasty in giving a refund yet.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. Three weeks ago I sent a Priority Mail package to Tampa Florida from Ft. Lauderdale, about 275 miles. It went to Atlanta Georgia to Los Angeles back to Atlanta and finally to Tampa. Should have been 2-3 days tops, actually took 13 days. Post office had no explanation except to say they'll look into it. I'm not holding my breath.

Eric

4. jalu

jalu Member

...10 days to go from WA.to PA. Buyer backed out on me because it took to long.

5. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

I guess I'm the only one that it worked for. Sent a broken Counter Coil to Danuser on Monday, it was repaired and back in my hands on Friday. Priority mail both ways. Trip was only from IA to MO. HarryC

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've always had good luck: 3-3 days, maybe a week occasionally. You can ship a lot of stuff for under $5 and get it insured. You guys are just looking for something to get pissed about.

7. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I too have had more good experience with the post office than with UPS. UPS has smashed more of my packages than USPS ever has, which is none. I had sent a gun to Ruger several months ago and they use UPS. I held my breath the whole time!

Steve

8. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Was also going to add that my wife and I use the flat rate priority boxes for shipping our products. We can't do it any cheaper than that and have had no complaints from our customers.

Steve

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have had the best luck with prioity mail. I had UPS damage two guns on two different shipments so I switched to USPS. Its been 3 days max even across country

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I once held an experiment and sent a letter/package by 1st Class, Priority and Express mail and surprisingly I found out that Priority and Express was a total joke and scam because all the letters arrived back to my address the next very same day.

I was rather shocked though but not as shocked as the Post Master at my local post office down the street from me when I sent all 3 packages to my home address the afternoon before they arrived down the street from the post office.

11. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I have had very good experiences with priority mail. The flat rate boxes are the best deal in shipping if your item is fairly heavy for it's size. Just sent 16 pounds to downtown Baghdad for $9.30. Arrived in 4 days. Try to get that out of UPS or FedEx or DHL.

Bob

12. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Just about all my shipping is via priority mail and I have yet to have any late arrival problems that I was concerned about, only one time it took 6 days and that ws over a holiday anyway. Id wait a little longer before a refund.
    There are also times the PO will inspect a package and the inspectors dont have to tell anyone they are holing an item for a day or so more.
    It may also have to do with an address that may be ineligible to read or even a number off, lots of reasons, dont be to hasty right off the bat.

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

John ... relax ... take a deep breath ... get into your happy place ... it was just a package. Luckily enough it wasn't something like a kidney or a liver or something like that needed for a transplant or was it?

14. primed

primed Well-Known Member

One question guys. How do you know where your package is now or where it has been? I usually print my label and pay postage online and have the carrier pick it up. The online provides for delivery confirmation but all I have ever been able to get is time and date it was delivered. I have never been able to access point to point tracking. How are you guys doing that??? I know you can get that with express mail but I didn't know you could get that with priority.

Thanks

Bob

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Remember that "Delivery Confirmation" is not the same thing as "tracking". If you dropped a package on 7/21, it should also have shown receipt on 7/21. I think the 2-3 day estimate is for letters only, not packages.

FedEx Ground with the NSSF discount is a bargain, includes insurance, has good tracking access and is pretty timely. Nothing is foolproof... I insure a lot of USPS to guarantee getting a signature on my and the other end.

Jay

16. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Spitter

I understand that. I get delivery confirmation. I don't know and can't seem to find out how atajohn and mixer are able to get tracking information. I would find that terribly helpful but they don't seem to be willing to share that information. I would sure buy that service if I knew how to.

PLEASE share that information would you guys! atajohn, mixer, anybody????

Thank you.

Bob

17. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Best prices and best service with USPS. I sent a receiver and stock from Trinity, FL to upstate NY priority mail, insured for $4,000 for $48. It got there in 2 days. Today I sent a receiver to CA next day for $32 with guaranteed delivery by 12 noon tomorrow or my money back . UPS for a lightweight grip insured for $500 cost over $53 from NY to Trinity,FL. Also, I have been waiting 7 years for UPS to pay me $31 for a perishable pkg. that was shipped second day and took 7 days to get there and the product smelled so bad the receiver didn't even open it and through it out. UPS tried to deliver to the wrong zip code. UPS is really bad and expensive. JRM

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Primed,

The Priority package had stickers on it from the various post offices saying it was delivered to the wrong p/o.

Eric

19. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

If you ship priority mail and insure the package with USPS and the package does not reach the intended address, USPS will not look for it for thirty days. If I am shipping anything that has to get somewhere on time I use UPS or FedEx because of the tracking.

20. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Talk to your postmaster, If you dont like the results tell him your going to your congressmans office and file a complaint. Postmasters dont like that because your congressman will send him a letter which he will have to respond to. Ive done this twice it gets their attention...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.