1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No more MEC'S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

No more MEC

One week until the state shoot, (DE) and my MEC 9000G goes down. The collet needs to be replaced. I thought I would get more than 60k through it, but I guess not. I am replacing it for now and then will purchase a reloader that will last until my kids take the press from me. What press is the most durable and has the longest life? Cost will not matter. Is SPOLAR as good as some shooters claim? I will not rebuild the 9000G again. I would sooner give it away.
    Mike Sharkey, DC
    PS I am not happy!

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Give it to me if thats the case.

3. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have had a Spolar , had it for years ( about 14 or 15). I have never had it rebuilt. I have had a few minor problems along the way but Spolar corrected these. It is nearly bullet proof, but like anything mechanical it can have occasional problems. I can load about 5 to 6 hundred per hour .. It is the most consistent loader I have owned. I had a MEC Hydraulic and replaced it with MEC 9000 Hydraulic. I understand they have improved primer feed which I never liked. I thought their new automate was pretty slick. I have no regrets about owning a Spolar. Great reloader.

Charlie

4. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

Hornady's are built like tank, But so are Spolars, and P?W's

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I will take all the mec you guys want to give me, I buy sell and repair mec for a Hobie and I can't keep any in stock they sell as fast as I turn them out and I stand behind my work.

thanks
    lee

6. shark1

shark1 Member

Does SPOLAR have a life time warranty? I have hornady 366, good press, (20ga).
    Mike Sharkey, DC

7. shark1

shark1 Member

I will most likely give the press to my cousin. He is a good trap shooter, and I want him to shoot ATA.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

8. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I cdant tell you how many shells went thru my Dillon. How ever, if you can tell me how many primers it takes to fill (to the brim) two 5 gallon buckets and two 8 pound powder jugs then you know how many shells I loaded and it still keeps on tickin. Their customer service is second to NONE. I would buy another in a second. And the shell feeder that comes standard cuts your loading time in half

9. capvan

capvan Active Member

Shootrman, can you tell me why on earth someone saves spent primers? Scrap metal value? Just like to collect useless things?

Really, I'm curious.

10. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Used mec for years, but now my 9000 is giving me problems-the charge bar is sticking. Once in a while, not every time. Wrecked about 15 shells-and had 4 duds so far out of one reloading session(no powder-or double shot) Primer feed is always an issue!!

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I like the Hornady 366. Ease of operation, reliable and not expensive.

It also loads my 1-1/4 oz. handicap loads beautifully!!

Curt

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Be nice to your Mec and it will be nice to you. HMB

13. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Buy a Spolar,I have had mine for 3 years with no problems, I have replaced wad fingers in the 12 and 28 gauges, that's IT! I shoot Skeet and load all 4 gauges it is a Joy to use! I have the Hydraulic unit on mine and it is great! I had to wait 4 Weeks for mine when I ordered it but I am glad I did. Any time I had a question Dicksie Spolar has been very helpful! Where else will you be able to call the owner of the company and ask him questions? As for cost I think you could load on this for a life time, and if you quit shooting you will recoup most of your money back as they hold a high resale value.
    Scott Janowski, Spolar #1866 http://www.spolargold.com/spolar.htm

14. newcastle

newcastle Member

I will Take It, I have 4 off them But would like another for spare parts just in case. 55003 MN. if you want to check on shipping i will cover it.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Im also alsways looking for MEC loaders especially for free, dollar for dollar MEC can not be beat, Every MEC I have recieved from someone that says it does not work right...... I cleaned set up per instructions and they work. A few have been worn out, a good tune up and off you go. Dillons are AWESOME I bought 3 loaders of a gent who up graded to the dillon Seeing it in action is a must. I am currently wanting a Dillon 650 for 40S&W and 30-06

16. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

So you had to buy a part big deal. When your riding mower needed a new spark plug did you trade(or let set around)the Simplicity in for Cub Cadet?

You could need a part for any press at anytime. It doesn't matter what brand, how expensive, or how nice the C/S persons are. A broken piece is a broken piece. Press parts don't break the bank. Knowing how to fix it is the most important.

17. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Buy the Spolar and you will not regret it!

18. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

moor5833 you can send me your 9000 or if you live in the east Tn area you can bring it to me, what ever it needs if anything I will give you a price for repair and I will have pumping out shells like a new one. I stand behind my work.

MEC perfect shells, perfect shooting?

thanks
    lee

19. FLIP

FLIP Member

my MEC dealer told someone, they do not look smart enough to operate a MEC.

20. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Get a Dillon, I gave away the Mecs and the PWs, then sold the Spolar. The SL 900 is the way to go. You won't find a better warranty or customer support anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.