1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No more hunting on government ground say new Stimu

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by b12, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

From what I listened to on the radio is that the new stimulas bill has a provision that makes law that no more hunting will be allowed on government ground.
    I don't think these Senators had any time to read the 700 and so pages of the bill. So while it is being carried over to the whitehouse desk to be sighed into law their will be many other things shoved in between the pages before its signed into law. B12

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Our way of life, as we know it is about to come to an end.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

1100 pages that nobody read. Do you think they have mal practice insurance? HMB

4. MilCon

MilCon Member

What page of the document?

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

What does "government ground" mean? Waterfowl Production areas are bought w/ duck stamp money and are open to public hunting. It's going to take to take a lot more than Obama and his left wing buddies to keep us from hunting what we hunters bought and paid for.

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

As Milcon says "what Page"? I would like to see this as writen my self. Post-2

7. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

The Pittman-Robertson act will have something to say about that.

It would be typical of liberals to author new legislation without regard to previous law.

8. MilCon

MilCon Member

I have done a search of the document as provided on the web.
    Nothing on guns, ammo or government grounds that I can find at this time.
    This does not mean that I might have missed something.

It looks loke for the most part just abput money allocations for "Economic Stimulus".

By the way , the "Arts" will be getting 100mil - looks like we will be able to view those idiots painting crap and making the taxpayers pay for it all over again.

If you cannot get a job , get a paint brush and canvess (sp) with a little sewerage and the government will give you a "Crap Grant"

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Regardless of what is and isn't in this bill, the way it was passed without hearings, debate, disclosure or discussion ought to scare the crap out of us.

Would a dictatorship operate any differently?

10. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I'll say it again - vote for JBrooks.

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

It just concerns me that after voting for a bill that is not fully read and diffenitly not understood makes me very supicious that something could be added while on the way to the presidents desk.
    If alot of senators cry foul because of the angry taxpayers all Oboomba has to say is, their was the bill, they read it and signed it.Then we are SCREWED. B12

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Filipino vets of WWII are getting $198 million courtesy of the Porkulous Package.<br>
    <br>
    "There are no pet projects in the Stimulus Package." - Obama

13. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

The fact that this bill was passed without every member in Congress and their staffs given an opportunity to read it is malfeasance . These people should be removed from office...and.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.