1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No more Goose hunting for me!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I went goose hunting yesterday ,but I'll never go again! I did everything right....put out my decoys, called to them, was in total camo,was in a concealed blind,put corn out on the ground for them,used lots of expensive equipment, waved the black flag, and NOTHING happened.....I mean NOTHING! They just flew by like they knew I was there. Of all the contempable damn things to do. They shoulda known that I don't have that much time to hunt, and when I do go, they could at least cooperate a little.This ever happened to anybody else? Who can we write to ? What can we do? This is a real crock!

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Lumper found another sign on name. Not any more intellegent than the last time. RG

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

What size line are you using at this time? With what your trolling for you better use a bigger line.

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Hunting over baited ground... sounds like a large fine to me and confiscation of weapons. Fred

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Sounds like the guy who was ice fishing at the hockey rink.

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Seems to me like the only time I had much luck goose hunting was when I waded out with my snorkle and periscope and way layed them as the landed in the water. They sure were surprised when I grabbed them by the feet as the swam about. Now drowning them was another matter. Pretty damn cold in the water I might add..... J/K

Enlighten me. I never heard of the black flag thing... What is it?

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

A leter to the Canadian Minister, may prove helpfull you may get a refund on your fees. We are in fact working in cooperation with them aren't we?The Canadians that is

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

try snipe hunting in west virgina with Fred. That's worse.

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Mr. Smsnyder: Do I know you to warrant the above comment? Fred

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

That's why they call it huntin' and not killin'.

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Hipshot, Did you try putting your last cup of coffee in a position were you`d knock it over when you reached for your gun? If that dosen`t work, then try leaving the blind to take a crap, this is a surefire method to get ducks, or geese to set into the decoys.

Tom R.

12. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I am also not understanding the black flag thingy. Had several days past since opening day, or was this on opening day? If it was a few days after opening these guys and all goose gals get to know when they see a lump of camo they either get higher or they evade this. Got to understand ducks and gooses.
    I know geese!! Gees got some pickies around here. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.