1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No more Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well our great State of IL has done it again. Pat Quinn spear headed the move to abolish the Death Penalty in Illinois and its done. He then commuted those on Death Row to life sentences. That will show those evil criminals. I give up.

If you haven't guessed, i'm all for an eye for an eye. You kill you get killed.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

what other way can you think of to spend more tax dollars on!!

The states aren't in enough trouble yet, don't ya know!

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Oklahoma did the same thing a few years back.

Hell, as long as it took most of them to meet their maker, they might as well have been doing a life sentence anyway. Our legal system is designed to protect and provide criminals with shiny new prisons, some of which are laid out like you wouldn't believe. No wonder most commit more crimes after release. Goin' back ain't really so bad.

4. grntitan

Hawk--Very true. In the old west when you were sentenced to die you can bet your ass it would be soon. Usually within a day or so. Those were the good old days. Heck at least Texas knows how to do it or at least they used to. They used to rush 'em thru the system.

You know if we'd start the public hangings again, some of these criminals wouldn't be so willing to take the risk.
    grntitan_2009_2503.jpg

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hawk, I don't think you would like prison, no matter how cushy.

The logic as that life without parole was more punishment than death.

I sort of agree.

HM

6. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Halfmile...... You are right but i dont want to pay for it !

7. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Halfmile, I think I'd like "dead" even less.

Fact is, career criminals have gotten used to prison and its culture as a way of life. No, I wouldn't like it, but those scumbags have adapted, and many have it better on the inside than on the outside. Many have stated that they committed crimes just so they could return to the culture. There's something wrong with that picture.

If they were out there 12 hours a day rebuilding roads and bridges for no wages they might think twice about going back. Bring back the chain gangs. They deserve no better and it will save taxpayers a wad of cash.

8. grntitan

Hawk--Save a load of cash and might actaully get some work done. They have boot camps but only for the more minor offenders and short timers. Hell the hard cores are the one that need some ass kick'n. Chain 'em together and start bust'n some chops while they work.

Been working on a small bridge outside of town here on a State highway for over 6 months now and they are nowhere near having even one side done. We are not talking about a long expansion brdge. Its a small creek crossing. Makes me sick but thats another topic.

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

No beatings necessary. Get caught loafing, 30 days in the hole. They hate going there.

10. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What's it cost to house a prisoner now?

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

A few years ago I read that it cost over $50K/year in NY State Prisons for each prisoner. Basic economics shows we need the death penalty just to save millions yearly. Larry

12. wrzone

wrzone Member

They are admitting to to $50,000 in California heard a Teacher say that if we spend that much on prisoners we need to spend at least that much on each student.

I believe if we gave them every cent that we have it would not be enough.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bring back chain gangs.

And no executed murderer has ever murdered again.

14. TC

TC TS Member

Although I don't like the cost of a life sentence, innocent people have been executed in the past. That is a real travesty of justice. Something to think about: (it could be you, me, or one of our kids next time).

15. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Strange how murders can't be executed .... but when it comes to innocent life .... babies can be aborted like so much trash .... without regard for there life .... these same people that think it OK to abort .... scream from the highest heaven .... don't execute .... Doug

16. grntitan

"no executed murderer has ever murdered again"

And the cost to the people drastically drops after he is 6ft under.

17. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Dmm, this thread isn't about abortion. Feel free to start one if you wish, but I won't read it, the sides are permanently polarized.

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Well now, some years back I read that it cost around 35,000 dollars to house each person a year. Now even back then they figured it was cheaper to give them a life sentence, than to give them the death penalty and follow it through court system until his/her death. Each one spends over 15 years or so on death row and years of lawyers and court costs, multible trials and costs for lawyers for both sides on each prisoner and jury costs as well. The seperate housing and guard costs while on death row. All this because we are civilized now and do not hang-em in the village square. No chain gangs, lots of TV's and air conditioning in all cells. Three Hot Meals a Day. Exercise rooms, Free medical and Dental plans, free clothing!!! Maybe we treat them too good??? Or they could live on the outside and have to pay for everything and get a real job. I just don't understand it. In the old days they never had to get caught twice if they robbed a bank or stole a horse. Dead men don't rob or steal a second time. Break-em all. Jeff

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I say do like China does. I seen a special on TV once where they take criminals, and I mean any criminals. Crimes that you would get probation for in this country. They line them up along a long dugout ditch. They each have an officer behind them with a pistol. The officers put the gun up to there heads and at the motion of the lead officer, they all fire at once. They then have physicians go in and cut out there organs and immediatly take those to the hospital for transplant patients. I remember seeing this video. I do not know how long ago it was taken, but it was real.

20. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I didn't realize that there was a self proclaimed "Hawk" that determined what could be said on the Threads .... I was saying that these same Liberals that "Proclaim" killers must not have there lives taken as they have taken another life .... but then killing another life who has not harmed anyone can have their life taken .... sounds a little two faced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.