1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No. Indiana SW Mich. where to Shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quick 1, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

An ATA registered shoot is going to be held at williams County Gun Club (near Montpelier, Ohio) on Friday the 28th. I don't think it takes too much over an hour to get there from Elkart.

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Check with the trap club in Niles Michigan, just 5 or 6 miles north of Southbend, Ind. I was there a couple of years ago, and they had registered targets every Saturday.

I don't know how late into the year they throw registered, but I think you can shoot there year around.

It is a very nice club with friendly people.

Jim

3. benihonjin

benihonjin TS Member

Jon,

"Deer Creek" near New Buffalo, Michigan offers Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays, do a google for directions. Howard township conservation club for Trap near Niles MI. and a nice small trap club I belong to in Stillwell Indiana is the Stillwell rod and gun club on route 104 south of Laporte, IN. has trap practice on Sunday from 10:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. also there's the Glen Park Izaak Walton near Hobart IN. for trap.

Beni

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Check out Michigan clubs at the Michigan Trapshooting Association web site.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

within 1 1/2 hrs drive, there are about 20

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Check out the Fulton County Gun Club, I think its about 45 minutes south of South Bend on highway 31. Elkhart IN., to Montpelier OH, would be at least a 3 hour drive. Wayne

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

howard twp.c.c. in niles mich is open on saturday,if your still in town on sunday edwardsbur c.c, we are open at noon and you dont have to join to shoot trap,mark

8. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Fulton county gun club is closed for the winter. The back forty north of Bourbon will be open for sporting clays. Its A nice club and nice people there.
    Its less than an hour south of elkhart.
    Roy A.

9. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Jon:

Howard Township CC in Niles, MI, will be closed on Saturday. I heard that there will be a registered shoot at Lakes Area CC in Portage, MI, on Saturday. Norm/Mike/Rich...anybody from that club can you confirm/deny???

If you want to shoot sporting clays, Deer Creak is high end club (~$38 for non member) with a high degree of difficulty. The Back 40 is reasonably priced (~$25) with 2 courses, one difficult and one less 'challenging'. Yes, great folks down there.

Dave

10. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

Not that it matters but Montpelier, Oh is listed 82.87 miles (1hr. 26min.) from Elkart IN. Mabee 3hr. on a moped!

11. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

You will enjoy William County ATA shoot day after Thanksgiving if you have an opportunity to attend. Great group of shooters and a good time.

Regards

12. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Location 9442 Beech Road
    Bourbon, IN 46504
    (574) 342-4665
    Club Hours SAT 8:00 - 6:00
    SUN 12:00- 6:00
    All other: By appointment only.

Dave

13. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Jon:

Shoot the easy course first and then the hard course. We drive down there from MI. The cost is a little more than four rounds of trap and the fun factor is high.

Let us know how you do!!!

Dave

14. ramen39

ramen39 Member

If you come down from Elkhart you will probably come down SR 19. Turn west on Anglin road which is north of Etna Green. It will take you right to the club. You will cross the county line road and it will turn into 9B road and go the 2 miles to beech road and the club is on the right. There is A sign. Maybe I will see you there.
    Roy A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.