1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No guns sales in Penna 1st week September

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by C H S, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C H S

C H S TS Member

No guns sales...period...anywhere in State...first week of September

Andy

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Well, I guess people will need to buy things ahead of time, rather than at the last minute.

Michael

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The damn brain surgeons think the bad guys go to the gun store.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

HM

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

What is the reason for this? Better yet, what is the excuse?

5. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>"What is the reason for this? Better yet, what is the excuse?"</I>

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/208266 From this article:

<I>"Pennsylvania State Police this week notified all firearms dealers across the state that the agency will be starting up a new computerized criminal-history records database from Sept. 2 through 6."

As a result, from 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2, through noon Thursday, Sept. 6, the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) will not be available.

"In accordance with federal and state laws, there can be no transfer of firearms … without a unique approval number" given by the instant check system, says a letter from the state police sent to gun dealers this week. "No approval numbers will be issued by PICS until full access to the system is restored."</I>

Andy

6. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

I thought the background check was a national system NCIS?

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

The governor of Pennsylvania must be related to the governor of Wisconsin because this is the same kind of dumb stuff he does. Nobody I know votes for him but he always wins.

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

S.99: He's probably related to the Daley's and Blagovich's from ILL. too.

9. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Typical Screw-Ups

10. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Hey isn't time for a TEA PARTY yet!!! I'm getting alittle tired of this BULLSHIT!! -----FEAR the Government that fears your Gun!!! and Im not chicken little . I just think we better start worring about it alittle more .Chicago Chuck

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Georgia is going through a state upgrade and all my sells this past week have all been gone in the 3 day delay. It is supposed to be back up normal this Wednesday. Glad they didn't stop our sales as most people that come in to get a gun will not come back if delayed unless they are locals. Jackie B.

12. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

It is bullshit, PA has an antigun govenor and it's his way of sticking it to gun shops and gun owners who traditionally come out during that weekend to buy guns for the upcoming hunting season.

It was a deliberate "F-U" to all who enjoy and support the Second Amendment.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Connecticut does the same thing on Sundays from time to time. They simply have no one working the NICS line at CT State Police SLFU (Spl. licensing & firearms unit) and the few gun stores that are open on Sunday's in CT happen to be the largest in the state and lose tons of business.

13. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Murtha a congressman vs a senator? In any case he's still a jerk.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.