1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

no guns for elderly

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mark54, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark54

mark54 Member

O/T http://www.guns.com/2013/04/01/un-arms-trade-treaty-calls-for-disarmament-of-persons-55-and-older/

mark54 in lititz Click on this link.

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

From my cold dead hands..and from the hands of every WWIi, Korea and Vietnam vet. Ain't happening without a Lot of blood shed.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Look at the date: April 1st. Surely this is an April Fool's joke.

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I actually want a pith helmet with a red light and siren. Lets face it guys if you show up with one of those on you are definately making a statement! And since it has been sanctified by this "esteemed doctor," well then you can't be considered crazy, so maybe someone would actually listen to you!

Or not?

Randy

5. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Can't happen here, maybe in Europe or other UN nations. The Senate passed the admendment Friday March 23, 2013, that the 2nd amendment supersedes any UN agreement.

Wayne

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

If a person 55 or older is potentially incompetent to possess a firearm or ammunition, shouldn't the same be true for something as potentially dangerous as running a country? Shouldn't we disqualify Dianne Feinstein (turns 80 this year), Barbara Boxer (already 73), Charles Schumer (62), Harry Reid (73), Joe Biden (70), and Hillary Clinton (65) on the basis of age and evident senility? Even though Barack Obama isn't 55 yet, his record of incompetence should disqualify him.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Rick Barker, quote: <i>"I can think of a couple on this site that such a law might be a good thing.'</i>

LOL. Like the straw purchaser? I notice he's avoiding this thread. Probably in a mental conflict over his anti-gun liberalism wanting to support it verses his age.

And Pocatello - right on. Do you remember when the Dems and media were all whining about Ronald Reagan being too old to be in office, yet they turned a blind eye to Strom Thurmond and other dinosaurs? And continue to with the rotten apples you just named? We had similar here when the liberals attacked a GOP senatorial candidate for being a millionaire because he was out of touch with the working class and the poor. Yet remained silent six years later when their liberal millionaire ran for the same office.

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

April Fools

10. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Brian, Strom switched parties, and the democrats complained about him endlessly. A better example was Robert Byrd from West Virginia, who served longer than any other Senator ever. He died in office at 92, and probably abused the perks of office more than any other. I personally saw him leaving a fundraiser in DC where he could barely stagger, assisted by an aide. Whether it was because of a previous stroke, or under the influence, I can't say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.