1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Excuse Not to Belong to the NRA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

We better look like being united as never before! If you enjoy the shooting/hunting sports and don't belong to the NRA, you better wake up! Even though some of their thinking gets me wondering, at least they have some weight in determining the outcome of some of the gun legislation.
    If we fall apart on this one, the whole thing could unravel real quick. Listening to our gov. in NY wants to make me throw a shoe through the TV.
    Please join the NRA now if you're not a member!

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Over 40 years of membership for me. All shooters and gun owners, please support the NRA. I believe that if this government make inroads with this gun issue, you football people may be next (Ever hear of the concussion issue?). It's all about control of your lives. BT100dc

3. warren

warren Member

I see they've gotten 100,000 new members in the last 18 days not bad

warren

4. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Thee only organisation that covers it all, congress, courts and states. If you are a gun owner there is no excuse, plausable. Scott

5. railman

railman Member

I would rather throw a shoe at the NY Gov. That way we can outlaw shoes. He makes me glad i left NY in addition to making me sick. His ilk act like dictators. I am glad I joined the NRA back in the 1960's. They fight the fight and have gone to bat for individuals in the "justice" system.

Proud NRA Benefactor Member

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

I am an NRA member and believe that anyone supportive of gun sports should belong to as many such organizations as he/she can afford. That said, (I know I will take some heat for this) the NRA needs to come to the negotiations table with more of an open mind toward the current "Gun Control" debates. If they are not willing to compromise and accept some restrictions, I believe that they are not going to maintain any credibility with the average U.S. citizen. Let's face it, the non-gun enthusiasts far out number us.

Of course everyone is going to have to accept a compromise on the privacy rights of those with mental problems and substance abuse. If I am going to accept a restriction of a 10 round magazine, background checks, and requirements on safe gun storage, then the general public will have to make screening of those with substance abuse and mental problems much more open and available for screening.

California has had a tremendous increase in gun ownership and a greatly reduced number of violent crimes involving guns. I live in northern California and, generally speaking, am often embarrassed at many of the other things that go on in this state.

I too, have often complained about some restrictions placed on everyone with the matter of gun purchases. There have been restrictions and gun storage requirements placed on us, none that I personally feel are that unreasonable. So, with that in mind, I am quite willing to be flexible and live with some restrictions, rather than have the enjoyment taken away.

I hope all of you take this into consideration and make every effort to project a positive image of gun sportsman/women.

JMHO,

Steve

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I've been a NRA member since I bought my first gun 25 or 30 years ago. Paid through 2017 last time I checked. Every time I see there's a long line at a gun show, I'll renew membership so I don't have to stand in the line to get ticket.

I know there're people stopped their membership because they don't agree certain things or services from the NRA, IMO, that's short sighted. Do they agree everything their wives said or did?

Look at the big picture! NRA is the best thing we can have to protect our gun rights.

California has 8 million gun owners, we need to get them all join the NRA, for a start.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I just signed my wife and grand kids up

9. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Proud to be a LIFE MEMBER here. We all have to come together on this one as a united force. These bastards are out to confiscate and the country will be vulnerable to the political whims of the elite do-gooders. I swore an oath to protect and serve from enemies foreign and domestic for my country. We have to consider this domestic with foreign ties. Wake up and join TODAY!!!!!

10. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

SBray,

You think you can compromise and just give up a little to them?? If you give them a little now, tomorrow they will be back for more. They never give up.

Robert

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Been a life memeber for 30 years, and still support them.

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Excellent post Jeff...

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

NRA LIFE MEMBER and so is my wife

14. Animal

Animal Member

I am an NRA life member and encourage those around me to join. My message to them is quite simple, and that is; They will try and divide us however they can. If we stand by and let these parasites dismantle our most important amendment the rest of them will suffer the same fate in short order and fall like domino's, which means that you won't have ANY constitutional protections. So even if you are not a gun person and may not agree with some of us that are, it is in your VERY best interest to protect the 2nd amendment with everything you've got. Without guaranteed constitutional protections, which by the way is synonymous with being a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, your property, savings accounts, life and liberty as you know it will without a doubt be targeted by these thieving slugs once they have cleared the road of your pesky constitutional rights.

I don't apologize for going on, voicing my opinion or appealing to them in complete desperation. It is my opinion that lack of opinion or being extremely vocal is what has gotten us into this predicament in the first place. We the good people of this country have been bullied by the same little immoral hollyweirdo perverts who cry the loudest about bullies, go figure. This is the most important issue that I have faced in my life time of 56 years, other than the events of November 6, 2012. Our motto should be, "SILENT NO MORE." Show those loud mouthed lib's that they are not the only one's who can yell really loud like crazy people. Time to take the gloves off because tact and diplomacy at this point will not do a F&*&ken thing, GET MAD and let your voices be heard.

15. Kerz

Kerz Member

Been a member since 1972. Enjoyed all benefits, including my 2nd Admen.

Steve,
    So how many rights would you like to compromise?
    I don't want to nor will will not give mine up. The Bill of Rights is what we have fought for.

Vic
    NRA Endownment Member

16. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I am a Life Member. Today I received my letter to step up to the plate and become an Endowment Member. Tomorrow the check is going out in the mail.

17. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

the more members we have the more voice we have in washington and that also translates to votes. i urge that u also sign ur spouse to. when the sh//t hits the fan or god forbid something happens to us we dont want them to become crinmals or unarmed victims. thnks howard

18. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/119349" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Steve - You speak of compromise. The only party making ANY compromises to their position will be the firearms owners and users! If you can't see this, you might as well hand all your guns over to Dianne Feinstein and her henchmen right now.

The gun grabbers (and you!) speak of "reasonable restrictions", but they are never happy with just that first set of restrictions, they always want more "compromise" from us. Any compromise at all, on our part, is a loss. The gun grabbers have nothing we want - they are giving up nothing. We, however, lose EVERY time we give up any slight amount in our so-called negotiations with them. They are like a spoiled 2 year old: you can't negotiate with them as they are never happy with what they have, they always want more, even if you point out it is bad for them.

Negotiating with parties who want to place restrictions on law-abiding citizens' firearms rights is like the death of a thousand cuts: any individual cut may smart a little, but it won't kill you. Cumulatively, however, you are going to bleed to death.

20. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I would venture a guess that 30% to 40% of serious trap/skeet/sporting clays shooters are not members of the NRA. I would venture a guess that 20% or more of TS.COM members in good standing are not members of the NRA.
    It sure doesn't make sense to me that that could be true. The time is here that if you ain't an NRA member or taking a offensive (not defensive) stance on the issues of freedom of gun ownership and use in America, that you could find yourself without owning or being able to use a firearm in our "free" country.
    These sad, vicious, evil acts committed by people have just opened the floodgates for all the politicians who have been just drooling, waiting for the chance for the climate to change to get their way of disarming the general public.
    Don't think for a second that that is not their main objective or goal if they could ever accomplish that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.