1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Easy Day

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by nmbunker, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmbunker

nmbunker TS Member

How the Pentagon can claim classified info is in this book is beyond me.
    Just setting the record of events straight.

Good read

2. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

A little more info?

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

nmbunker,

OPSEC, and the undocumented but very real code of special operations abhor a self-serving loud mouth.

If you want to try and understand, do some research on the topic.

Guy Babin

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Been thinking about the Navy Seal who wrote this book, and the similarities between him disclosing information, and the White House "leaking" much of the same or more highly classified information.

As I understand it, this Seal has broken a sworn promise to his Country, and his fellow soldiers about disclosing this information. Is that true?

Then why has the White House been leaking classified information to the entertainment industry to "juice-up" their for-profit movies? Or, was it just for political gain, like everything else this POS has done on the 3.75 years?

I would defend a decorated Navy Seal over a two-faced, lying, career politician, and his rotten Chicago thug friends any day!!

Am I wrong?

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Don't forget, people who take the oath, swear to defend the Consitution against foreign and DOMESTIC enemies.

People are naive, if they can not accept the premise a person born in this country can hate this country enough to bring down it's downfall, kinda like the Liar in Chief.

6. nmbunker

nmbunker TS Member

It would be more honorable for those senior officers who disagreed to do what the author did, to remove himself from the service, before they "leaked" info as a method of disagreement (or worse, to promote) with an administration.

He does, several times, give his opinion that any squad in the team could have done the job easily ... only that the "idea fairies" decided that a "dream team", cherry picked for the mission, was selected to sell this mission to the WH.

Team members were also very distressed that detail of the operation, and inaccurate ones at that, were in the news even before they were back in the states.

Some feel that this book will derail the current Obama campaign, which is nonsense, he never disparages the president. He does state that Biden was like a drunken uncle, but what news is that?

This story is really no different from the Luttrell and Marcinko stories.
    (and probably a bit more accurate)

Since it is common for the MSM and others to accept at face value all the unattributed leaks coming out of Washington, DC .... it is fresh air when one stands up and has essentially put his name to this account. I was not hard for folks to figure out who was a small village Seal in the timeframe.

In addition, I do have some admiration that some (???"most of the proceeds"???) of the royalties are going to foundations to support Seals. The names of those lost since 9/11 are listed and honored and the foundations are listed for all to contribute to.

>> GDBABIN - If you really believe that OPSEC is alive and well in DC, you have much more faith in our elected leaders, and many top ranking Military than I do.
    Not all, but most. Most will sell their soals and toot their own horn to stay/move up from where they now sit. (admittedly, my opinion, as determined by what Ive seen in the past - both sides of the aisle)
    I do understand your concerns about giving away methods & techniques, but there is nothing in the book that approaches anything new ... only a more believeable version.

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I completely disagree with you based on my direct experience over the past 35 years in the military and direct service thereof.

I'm not talking about politicians, but military service members and especially Special Ops.

There are exceptions of course, but they are few.

OPSEC is alive and well in the U.S. Military.

You are obviously not, nor ever have been a military member. That's ok of course.

Politicians will spill what they know-or think they know, for an agenda. This former service member has taken on their paradigm for a self-serving agenda of his own.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

As I understand it the Seals signed an oath of confidentiality. So much for this mans word.

Any profits should be shared with ALL other members of Seal Team 6 and any support troops. This guy is no better than any one else on the team and doesn't deserve any more than the rest of the team!!

Charges should be brought against him also!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.