1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Day Before Easter Shoot at Glen Rock this

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Brown (the puller), Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

Received my schedule from Glen Rock (PA) yesterday and they have brought the final traditional shoot, the day before Easter shoot, to an end.

Once upon a time, they held a shoot every Labor Day, but ended that when George Landis Jr stepped aside.

They used to hold the York County Championship the weekend after Mothers Day, but the PSSA put the Keystone Open on that weekend.

Now the day before easter shoot has not been scheduled. I remember one year when we got there and found six inches of snow on the ground. The crowd was down, but we held the shoot. I remember one year when Easter fell before daylight savings time returned and the last squad was shooting in near-darkness.

This year, DSL returns earlier than in the past. I think that we would have had a decent turnout if the temperatures are not too low.

Oh, well. I guess time marches on.

2. laura!

laura! Member

Jim,

You were lead-off on a handicap squad that my son & I shot on, at GR last summer. On the last trap (Gerry was the puller) it started pouring down rain. We had a great time and enjoyed your sing-song "puuullllll". Nu Ox is having a shoot this Sunday, maybe we'll see you there.

Laura Snyder

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Hey Laura,

How's Steve and the rest of your clan? I guess youall aren't shooting the HOM?

I hope to see you soon at one of the shoots. Carney has a registered shoot 29/30Mar. maybe then. The Mt Airy SCTP will start about then too.

I've enjoyed your call too Jim, Devi introduced us last year at Elysburg.

Guy Babin

4. laura!

laura! Member

Hi Guy!

We're all good. Ready for some shoots to start!

We haven't managed to fit the HOM in. We may miss the 1st SCTP due to spring break. We'll try to make Carney on the 29th. The 30th is the first day of the York Co. league up at Glen Rock. Hopefully we see you at Carney or Mt Airy.

Hope your crew is well.

Laura

5. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

Nu-Ox hasn't held the shoot for March the last 2 years. Better check before you go. I know from experience, going and no one showed up. I saw it listed in the York County league and wondered if it is really a shoot. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.