1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No collective bargaining didn't end the world?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

To hear the Wisconsin union crybabies talk, you'd think the end of collective bargaining means a return to John Steinbeck and the Grapes of Wrath.

So what's this, then...another state has already done it? Yes, sports fans, Indiana is already there. And it wasn't the end of the world? How can this be?

The most interesting tidbit is that after Indiana stopped collective bargaining - membership in the gov't. employee union plummeted 90%. (So now you know what this is really about...keeping money in the union bosses'...and democrats'...pockets).

So anyway...just wanted to let you know that Indiana state workers haven't been reduced to subsisting on breast milk...in case the union hadn't told you.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A must read. Especially for anyone thinking public sector unions are needed. Mash the link.

HM

3. halfmile

Gary, no disrespect intended but I don't think you read the link.

Private sector unions are necessary to prevent abuse of workers.

Public sector unions abuse taxpayers. That's just how it is.

In the case of UAW, management made the same mistake as government. They kicked the can down the road and gave fiscally6 unfeasible benefits to workers. The bill comes due later.

HM

4. halfmile

We seem to be in agreement.

I have been in several unions, factory type (IAM etc) before getting into IBEW where I stayed for about 40 years. In the factories there was COPE (Committee on Political education) soliciting donations but no one hassled you, it was strictly voluntary. They really liked me in the shipyard, made me take a withdrawal card in case I came back.

Trade unions are another thing, with a much heavier emphasis on training, a longer wait for top pay, and a watchful eye on pension funds that come from workers wages.

I detest public sector unions, more than ever now with the crap they encouraged in Madison. The fact is they can't possibly benefit society.

The teachers at H-S talked the kids into walking out. Viewing the demonstrators and realizing some of thes flacks might teach my grandchildren was revolting. IF Tea Party people acted like that it would have been front page all over the nation.

Unions became necessary in the early years because holders of monopolies abused workers. Now the public sector unions have a monopoly and they abuse the taxpayers without compunction.

Out with them.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.