1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Chance Irene will hit here.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BROWNST100, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Just to make sure we will be safe and sound...this morning I got the generator serviced, filled with gas, ran it awhile. Brought in all the lawn furniture, checked the sump pumps...all the stuff I never do till the last minute. Now I'm sure since I went out of my way to be prepared, Irene won't come close.

Vern

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Where is "here?"

Eric

3. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Hi Vern,

I am wishing that it don't hit here as well , we are taking a Ferry ride across the Gulf of St. Lawrence on Monday night, to shoot in Moncton next weekend..

Being an offshore Fishing Captian , I do know what problems those storms can bring..

We are looking at changing our reservations to Sunday or maybe Tuesday to avoid it..

Guess a lot of people will be packing in the Gravol for that crossing which is better than 90 Miles/ 7 hours..

Keep safe my friend during the hurricane season..

Robert
    ( Newfoundlander )

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

mixer--south central Pa. Lewisberry at Gifford Pinchot State Park.

Hi Bob...Good luck at the shoot and on Saturday's Event. I'm just trying not to get caught off-guard. We are within that grey area. Tell the gang I said Hello.

11 Gallons of gas in the cans and topped off the Jeep. Taking the propane tank for the grill to be filled.

Go away Irene.

Vern

5. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Yea we has all the Family and Friends visiting for the big day tommorrow..

Was out Salmon Fishing this morning , caught a nice one for to plank on the BBQ , should go well with all the Ribs that I has to do as well..

Wish you were here to have a taste..

My buddy who you gave the Cigars to was with me , we are heading out to the River again this evening for another try..

Approx 25 guests are here now , expecting another 20 tonight, and thats only family..

Chat soon,

Bob A

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Best of luck to all in Irenes path. We lucked out down here in S. Florida, Irene never got close enough to do more than cause a little light rain.

Eric

7. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

Hey Vern, just wanted to let you know that I am helping you divert Irene as well. I got the ladder out last evening and made sure all the rain gutters were clean, got gas for the generator, put extensions on the down spouts, put porch furniture in the shed and brought my hanging plants into the garage. We are on the ball. I live in Coatesville, Pa about 30 miles west of Philly.

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Hurricane Francis tore my place up 7 years ago in Lake Placid, Fl. Over 6 hours above 100 MPH winds. That does not take into account the winds above 50 MPH before the 100+ later on. Lake Placid is dead center central Florida, about as safe a palce as possible. My trouble was I have 3 miles of open water to the north and west of my home on the lake.

My heart goes out to the folks in the outerbanks of North Carolina and all along the coast, it's gonna be nasty.

To get an idea of what it's like - Have someone drive you in a car at 100MPH, roll the window down and stick your arm out, now emagine that and worse for 6 to 8 hours of nonstop howling constant wind.

I have been through two mean ones, Donna in 62 and Francis in 2004.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

We could use some of that rain here in So. California ... here is what we are looking at this weekend.

ahab_2008_030369.jpg

10. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Who do you believe...1 channel says less than 2 inches of rain and 25 mph winds..another channel says 4 to 8 inches of rain and 50 mph winds.

Vern

11. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Light rain here west of Raleigh NC (Pittsboro, NC 8am Sat). People are just as crazy here as in south Florida. They stripped the grocery stores of bread, water, milk, etc. I'm off to work. Got people scheduled to shoot clays today!

12. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I did all the same stuff Vern did just as a precaution - and since I live in Indiana I think I'll be okay !

13. finger

finger TS Member

I'm the center dot on the pattern board for Irene at about 3 am tomorrow. Hope Irenes' barrel shoots way to the right. bob

14. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Light rain and wind since 13:00 hrs. Now it's starting to rain harder and the wind has picked up some.

Vern

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.