1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No Camera

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I was snow goose hunting today and it was getting near the end of shooting time i had been watching a field w/1000s of snows in it.When they got up they flew away from me but three did swing over me. I dropped one and sailed one off.I watched it go down in the crp ground but before i got over where it went down i saw two bald eagles coming my way .they circled the downed goose then one swooped down and tried to grab it but the goose ran in the deep grass.this went on for 2 or 3 min. then the eagle landed and tried to catch the goose,but the goose would flap his wing and peck at the eagle.the eagle gave up and took off.sure wish i had a video camera.

2. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I was snow goose hunting today and it was getting near the end of shooting time i had been watching a field w/1000s of snows in it.When they got up they flew away from me but three did swing over me. I dropped one and sailed one off.I watched it go down in the crp ground but before i got over where it went down i saw two bald eagles coming my way .they circled the downed goose then one swooped down and tried to grab it but the goose ran in the deep grass.this went on for 2 or 3 min. then the eagle landed and tried to catch the goose,but the goose would flap his wing and peck at the eagle.the eagle gave up and took off.sure wish i had a video camera.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

One should always have at least a digital camera with some optical zoom when hunting or outdoors.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cool experience, nevertheless.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Eagles hunt the river form my slingshot cottonwood. Hangs out over the water. This immature was doing ok on his own.
    mia_2008_030317.jpg
    He is just 60' from my ofc window

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Cool

We have "Fish Eagles" over here. They look a lot like bald eagles.

[​IMG]

I saw a lot of them when we went on a photo safari on the Chobe River between Botswana and Namibia.

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

we live in the middle of snow goose flyway (nw mo-squawcreek refuge) and am always amazed at the eagle numbers -- carrying a camera is like carrying a rifle in the pickup , just in case you see a coyote-- nothin happens when your wanting it to!! ---i have seen a eagle take a wounded goose in midair and when one time we were canada goose hunting in the sandhills --after wounding a goose it was carried off by an eagle!!! i never realized the bald eagles followed the migration!!

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You don't have a phone with a camcorder?

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I never seem to have a camera around for the real cool stuff either. But you still have the images in your mind and that gives spice to life.

Tim99 - is this another one of your wife's photos or did you get it? Really nice photography - looks like somebody has good equipment and knows how to use it.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

No, I got it off the internet.

11. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

The slang name for eagles in Alaska is "Beach Buzzards".

Mike