1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No. Calif. ZZ Schedule

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guy, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy Member

We have made arrangements with Coon Creek Gun Club in Lincoln to host a monthly zz shoot. First shoot will be Sunday 11/21.

First Sunday of the month - Stockton (most months)

Second Saturday of the month - Martinez (most months)

Third Sunday of the month - Coon Creek (most months)

Call or email to get on the program email list.

Remember, max load of 1 1/4 oz. - 3 3/4 dr. - 7's

[​IMG]

2. lance howard

lance howard Member

I have never competed in these events but have interest. Please put me on the shoot schedule list. Thank You Lance Howard

3. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I'm new at this game of Trap..what is a ZZ shoot?

Domenic

4. Guy

Guy Member

Dom: Google helice.

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Well I did a little research and find this very interesting. I’m shooting every Sunday at Coon Creek anyway, so why not give it a try!
    I couldn’t find any suggestions for chokes? You’re allowed two shots at the target?
    Looking forward to giving this a try! Thanks

Domenic

6. Guy

Guy Member

Dom: Players use everything from 1 oz. to 1 1/8 oz trap loads to 1 1/4 oz. 3 3/4 dr. thumpers. Opinions on chokes vary, just like other games.....mine are .32/.40....seems most use about .25/.35, or there abouts. I shoot 1 1/4 oz. 3 1/4 dr. 7 1/2's on the first shot, and 1 1/4 oz. 3 3/4 dr. on the second shot. Use as much as you can stand....it's a tough game. I've seen alot of trap shooters try it, and most don't stick. If you can't shoot live ones, this is as good as it gets.

7. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Thank you for the information. I’ve been a hunter for over 40 years and just started trapshooting this summer. I’m up for any shooting game out there and this sounds right up my alley! Plus I have a bunch of high base 7 ½’s that need shooting. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.