1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No bark dog collars

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by REDD04, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

OT but would like some advise. I am looking for a "NO BARK COLLAR" for my lab. Recommendations or experiences are greatly appreciated. Unit must be waterproof.

Thanks,
    REDD04

2. bh

bh TS Member

I bought one from Cabelas several years ago for about $35 an still use it all the time-it is waterproof also

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I think tri-tronics is still the standard. Jake

4. butcher

butcher Member

I have trained retrievers for 42 years. Go with the Tri-Tronics.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

we need a group buy. for many of the people on this sight rick

6. Juno

Juno TS Member

Charger, if you've trained dogs for forty two years why don't you train the dog when to bark and when not to? I assume thats possible isn't it?

7. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Try a roll of duct tape.

8. butcher

butcher Member

Juno, I did train the dog when to bark and when not to. When the Bark collar is on him he doesn't bark. When its off , he barks. Pretty simple isn't it.

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Ever see a lab with no hair on his muzzel.....been there done that. They don't like it when you pull the tape off. The first side is a piece of cake. The second side....different story.

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

An old daisy works as well!

11. SPRINTBENDER

SPRINTBENDER Member

+1 on the Daisy … the kennels at my old house was right behind my bedroom, they learned quick that when you rattle the BB’s in the barrel to SHUT UP! When I built my new house I had a better plan, I put the kennels next to the Mother in Law suite. ;)

Sprintbender

12. piranha2

piranha2 TS Member

OT but would like some advise. I am looking for a "NO BARK COLLAR" for my exwife. Recommendations or experiences are greatly appreciated. Unit must be waterproof.

The BB thing didn't work.

13. Chuck DeVoid

Chuck DeVoid Member

REDD04, I have an older D.T. Systems No Bark Trainer, a model #120-DT, purchased from Cabelas in 1992. It's in like new condition. We used it only a few days as my wife thought it was cruel. It was an expensive unit and appears well made.

Let me know if you would have any interest in it at my E'mail address provided. I'd sell it cheap or trade.

Bill

14. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I use a Tritronics field collar on both of my Springers keeps them in my yard and controls barking besides the hunting applications. Multisport G2, two years old now and zero problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.