1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No background checks at gunshops!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bloomberg's Mayor's Against Illegal Guns radio ad on 550 KFYI in Phoenix: "I hunt and shoot and collect firearm with my son, it is an important part of our families heritage. I believe in the 2nd amendment but with rights comes responsibilities. That is why I support comprehensive background checks so felons and the seriously mentally ill cannot walk in to a shop and buy a gun without a background check. Call Senator Jeff Flake and demand action now for comprehensive background checks".

Nice bald face lie. Background checks are already required at gun shops.

2. 548

548 Guest

But Brian, so far, there are 8 states not even contributing mental illness data to the NCIS data base.

The background check is only as good as the data supplied to it; which in this case is not very good.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-fbi-ncis-check-system-some-very-interesting-information-statistics

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Yes,,,,,,but the low information voter does not know that,,,,,,,just look at a couple here......

4. Brian in Oregon

Like 548. Who apparently cannot comprehend the topic of this thread.

5. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

The people control minded people do not care how many lies it takes to get the job done. Hopefully the NRA will come up with an add to get the truth to the public. I just donated to the NRA this morning. When and if my finacial status gets a little better I am going to sighn up my grandsons as life members.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian-- reading 101

notice the word gun is missing in front of shop- from the quote

We hold people back and keep them in 3rd grade when they cant read

I dont like Bloomberg at all but at least you can stop and read and not misquote him

DUH

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. Brian in Oregon

Gene, what shops other than gun shops or pawn shops are selling guns? Please provide proof to back up your assertion.

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

What kind of shop has guns for sale? Victorias Secret? LOL. Jeff

9. Brian in Oregon

I think I saw some new Perazzis for sale at the local pet shop.

10. Brian in Oregon

noknock1, quote: <i>"Plenty of hardware stores in Indiana."</i>

And do hardware stores have to have an FFL license to sell guns?

Of course they do.

And do those with an FFL have to do background checks?

Of course they do.

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I would think that a private citizen, trying to sell a gun privately (currently legal in most states) could very quickly run afoul of the law if they were to do so from their commercial business, as part of that business.

Yes, I am splitting hairs ("this is a private sale, but meet me at my shop"), but a government agency might see that quite differently... You are in the business of selling firearms, thus you must have an FFL.

Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not collect $200...

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I can tell its spring I saw a local going into a pawn shop with a space heater!

13. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

Look at sociaty as a whole we have become imoral that is why crime has stepped up. You could get rid of all the guns it would not make a difference criminals would still be criminals.IMHO

14. 548

548 Guest

Rick, I don't know. I haven't found where the names of the eight have been released. But here is the article I am using as reference. South Dakota does not. Read the article for the brilliant reason given.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/lack-of-gun-control-in-south-dakota-/?id=142789

15. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

South Dakota doesn't submit any MI data because no one there is crazy!

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I spoke with my wife last night on the subject of the HIPPA laws. She is an RN with a Masters Degree. When she worked in the ER, no information could be passed on to law enforcement unless the "perp" was at the hospital because the cops brought him in for breaking a law. They did have to report abuse and gunshots.

If someone was brought in by ambulance or walked in, and had overdosed or had mental problems...no, they could not report it. They could only contact a social worker, who was bound by the same law.

17. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep SD doesn't, and Hawk's does a good job of explaining WHY!

The other 7 states probably have people running the "show" that have more "intelligence" then most liberals have!

The gun control debate is like putting a small bandage on a severed limb and expecting to save the limb!!!

And Obo's "Forgetful" speech was nothing but grand standing and dancing on the graves of the innocent victims!!

Shameless of the Pres. My bet is he had forgotten until he seen it on his teleprompter!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/28/obama-moves-to-hame-congress-into-approving-gun-control-package/

COME ON TS moderators fix you website url Box!!! ITS not that long!

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

More lies from Hussein.......

19. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

Every one of the recents jerks who have committed atrocities with a firearm were known to be, without question, mentally ill and dangerous. No one did anything about it. And no one now is talking about doing anything about it except the NRA. If they would not have had access to a firearm they would have used a vehicle or some other tool. All of the rhetoric from the anti 2nd Amendment crowd is nothing but a red herring to further their agenda. Somehow create registration of all firearrm owners and then confiscate all firearms. Comfortably control everyone and create a tyranical dictatorship of unelected elitist government bureaucrats. Wait, we already have the last one.

20. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

How about background checks on VOTERS....???
    Hell,what am I thinking... we can't even get a comprehensive background check on a candidate for President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.