1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

No 6 steel shot equals 7.5 in lead, energy-wise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

For folks that have to shoot steel, this is relevant info, particularly if you're a yardage shooter. Click on the url above and scroll down to the second grid. Note this originated with Remington.

Been shooting 1 oz of #7 steel. I'm considering switching to 1-1/8 oz of #6. The wad for 1 oz of steel from Europe, the VP60, which is what we've been using, has blow through problems. There's no word from the mfr about a fix and it's getting to be spring. The VP65 wad should do the trick. Steel from Ballistic Products is higher than what we've been paying, but it's worth a try. Can't find #6 steel anywhere else.

Joe

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

3. joe kuhn

BPI is cheaper at @2.00 a pound, but thanks for the references. Dude, you need to turn off italics at the end of your links. You scared me there. I thought my vision was going to the dogs.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Sorry... caffeine deficit!

MK

5. joe kuhn

1 bag of wads and 20 pounds of shot is on its way. BTW, we can shoot steel #6 shot at our club. Somebody did their research!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.