1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NJ Trap Flooded?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerseyshooter, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

Anyone hear if the NJ Trap club in Fairfield has been flooded out? I know they are right beside the Passaic river that is well above stage.

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

We pulled the traps and most all of the floatable stuff out on Sunday, getting ready for the anticipated flood on Monday/Tuesday. Probably won't have it back in till the weekend.

Ed Yanchok

3. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Ed, you're retired. You shouldn't be pulling those traps out. Might mess up your precision trigger finger. Hope all is well. See you soon.

Kenny Ray

4. Ed Y

Kenny,
    I really didn't do much hard work. A lot of the younger members were there doing the heavy lifting. I did help them eat the donuts. We'll be ok as long as the water stays below the porch.

Ed Yanchok

5. ABH

ABH Member

The water is less than 6" below the top of the trap houses.WOW

ART H.

6. Ed Y

For those of you familiar with the club, this picture was taken from the road by Bruce Osgood, our club secretary. He had to walk down the road but couldn't get into the club 'cause he only had hip boots, not waders or a wet suit and snorkel. For those not familiar with it, the bottom of that door is about four feet above the ground level. Surely all five traphouses are totally covered with water. Hopefully our deck and new deck cover didn't float away. We don't think that we can re-open before next week sometime.

Ed Yanchok

7. Ed Y

That's the top of the entry gate. Traphouses are under water out in front.

Ed Yanchok

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Son-of-a!!! That's not good....

9. soup

soup Member

This is a realy nice club with a great bunch of folks running it. I shot there last year and a good time.

I just hope this flood doesn't ruin the place. The landscaping was beautiful.

Good Luck Fellows,

BILL

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Hey guys at North Jersey , were sorry to see what has happened at your club . We here at Mallard Trap Club in Monroe Twsp are also in a wet area and prone for flooding but not that bad . Water came up to the road and almost to the trap houses . We lost power to the pumps for a few hours last Saturday which only let in about 12 inches to the houses . Got some cases wet but it`s all cleaned up now and the parking lot is still muddy in spots but were shooting Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4:30 if you want to make a trip down . We start Wednesday shooting today at 4PM to 7-7:30 . With this week of nice warm-sunny weather it may be better than ever . We only run 2 trap houses with Super Stars and can get a lot of shooting in. If your not opening by then and have an twitching finger , come on down. Gene Salomon is open also in Farmingdale . Keep all of us posted on the club .

11. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

Ljutic 111, thanks for the invitation. See you on saturday or sunday. Peter

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Peter , Glad to have you make the trip . We thru a green bird per round Wed - St Pattys Day - $1 off if you broke it but not many shooters since it was our first time opening up on Wednesdays for the year .

13. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Sorry about the poor luck with the flood.
    I have some fond memory's shooting at North Jersey as well as Troy Meadow's back in the day.
    Hope you are able to get back up and running soon.

14. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Sorry about the poor luck with the flood.
    I have some fond memory's shooting at North Jersey as well as Troy Meadow's back in the day.
    Hope you are able to get back up and running soon.

15. Ed Y

Below is some current photos showing the water down about two feet from the peak, along with a message from our club secretary. That deck was about six inches under water, at it's peak

Hi Folks:
    Well after wading into the club today, along with John Fuller and both Angelo Sr and Jr, I am happy to say that the club, at first look, appears to have not suffered any serious equipment damage other than to the little motorized club car that is stored in the small green trailer. That appears to have had water at least half way up the body and engine compartment, so that is why I am guessing that it is not a happy camper. Can not get it out of the trailer to test it becasue there is still A LOT of water on the club property. That is one of the pictures I am including with this email. You can see the water line at least half way up on the insides of the open doors. Another shows the club house that DID NOT float away and then another showing Angelo Jr and Sr in their boat towing in one of the benches that floated all the way out to the tree line. Surprisingly, the clubhouse did not loose power. I was able to program the phone answering machine with a message saying that we are closed until further notice. Lots of phone calls while we were there. Will keep everyone on our list updated as best as I can. When it looks like we will start needing help in restoring the equipment and grounds, will let you all know.

Thanks

Bruce Osgood
    Secretary
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Ed Y

Below is an update of the conditions at Nort Jersey as of Saturday afternoon. Two of the traps are back in and will be running on Sunday. Pictures show the progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi Folks
    Well looks like we can use some help at the club on Sunday, 3/21/10. See pics I am sending The water has pretty well gone from around Trap Houses 1,2 & 3. Traps 4 & 5 still have a good bit of water as of 3PM Sat. Probably by Sunday morning, most if not all will be gone. As I left the club at about 3:30PM Sat, the guys that were still there were attempting to get at least one trap machine installed in House #1.
    If you can come and work on Sunday, please do so. Be there right after 9 - 9:30AM. Bring shovels, rakes plastic/vinyl/work gloves, and wear boots and old clothes. Bring plastic garbage bags as well if you can spare some. We will attempt to have some breakfast for everyone there BUT cannot promise this. When you come in on Horseneck Road, approach from Hook Mountain Rd. The other end from Plymouth street is still closed.We were also successful in getting the Club Car running again which is a good thing. Good thing that a bunch of us on the day before the storm, removed all the trap machines, hydraulics and electronics and stored them in the bird trailer or else we would be in DEEP you know what.

Thanks

Bruce Osgood
    Secretary

17. Ed Y

All's well that ends well. Club is all cleaned up and back in operation. See other, new thread for info and pictures.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.