1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NJ Gun ban legislation in the plans

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapmike, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

On Thursday, May 10, the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee is scheduled to consider gun ban legislation that would further infringe on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in New Jersey.

A3998, sponsored by Assemblymen Reed Gusciora (D-15), Michael Panter (D-12), and Robert Gordon (D-38), would ban the possession of all .50 BMG rifles and ammunition by declaring such items to be a “destructive device.” It also would prohibit the private ownership of all .50 caliber in-line muzzleloader rifles, or any antique muzzleloader over .60 caliber.

A3494, sponsored by Assemblywoman Pamela Lampitt (D-6) and Assemblyman Peter Barnes (D-18), would drastically raises all firearm license and permit fees and would allow the Superintendent of State Police the discretion to annually reconsider fees for a manufacturer or dealer license, a carry permit, the firearms purchase I.D. (FID), and the pistol purchase permits.

Please email, call, or fax the members of the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee today, as well as your own Assemblyman or Assemblywoman, and urge them to oppose A3998 and A3494.

Members of the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee:

Assemblyman Gordon Johnson, Chair (D-37)

One Engle Street

Suite 104

Englewood, NJ 07631

(201) 541-1118

Fax: 201-541-1071

AsmJohnson@njleg.org

Assemblyman Nelson Albano, Vice-Chair (D-1)

21 North Main Street

Cape May Court House, NJ 08210

(609) 465-0700

Fax: 609-465-4578

AsmAlbano@njleg.org

Assemblyman Jon Bramnick (R-21)

203 Elm Street

1st Floor

Westfield, NJ 07090

(908) 232-3673

Fax: 908-232-3345

AsmBramnick@njleg.org

Assemblyman Brian Rumpf (R-9)

620 West Lacey Road

Forked River, NJ 08731

(609) 693-6700

Fax: 609-693-2469

AsmRumpf@njleg.org

Assemblyman Alfred Steele (D-35)

100 Hamilton Plaza

Suite 1400

Paterson, NJ 07505

(973) 247-1521

Fax: 973-247-2457

AsmSteele@njleg.org

Assemblyman Silverio Vega (D33)

303 58th Street

West New York, NJ 07093

(201) 854-0900

Get ready for the fight in NJ guys, start talking it up at the gun clubs and ranges. this something that will effect all NJ gun owners. tell everyone you know about it, word of mouth and call and write your reps, as well as those proposing this legislation.

2. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

"It also would prohibit the private ownership of all .50 caliber in-line muzzleloader rifles, or any antique muzzleloader over .60 caliber. "

Are you shitting me??? So they want to make it illegal to own (for instance) a captured relic (or reproduction) British "Brown Bess" rifle, from the American Revolution? After all, it fires an "evil" .75 caliber lead ball.

Banning muzzle loaders..thats a new one on me. I guess its all the drive by volley's by those damn Yankees that brought this on. *rolls eyes*

3. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

If this goes through it will be bad for everyone, collectors, hunters, and gun owners. We need to band together more than ever and have a strong unified voice. I will try to keep everyone up to date.

Mike S.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Too many drive by flintlockings in New Jersey, apparently.

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is how they get more gun laws on the books. Somewhere, down the line, they'll acknowledge their error in including the above mentioned antiques and replicas, then they'll pass an amended version which will just be MORE GUN RESTRICTIONS. Our legislators will then tell us how great they are. More political BS "feel good legislation".

Ed Yanchok

6. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

And I had to move from Pennsylvania to New Jersey. The ban of colonial muskets will go far in keeping NJ the laughingstock of the United States.
    As far as higher fees for permits- I started the application for a NJ Firearms purchaser ID in February. I have $64.00 and about 10 hours of time in it so far and I don't have any idea when I will actually get the permit. Now some assemblywoman wants to make it more difficult and more expensive.

I can always move back to Pennsylvania. The slogan "America Starts Here" is quite apt. It starts about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Mike

Good post !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.