1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NJ Gender Change ID Card Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Look at the fifth box from the top at the top left of the form.
    Link is in next post but I could not put it in the image URL box

This, I think is a revised form. The old form was really funny.
    I think it said:

Reason for new card . . . Change of Gender

2. Bushmaster1313

Try this:

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't think it was funny if your buy card was issued with the wrong gender marked on a lifetime card.

MK

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

This should be easier. Bulge.

5. Bushmaster1313

Note;

Contrary to NJ law the form requires that you list your employer. The background check then asks your employer in a letter how they feel about your apication. If the employer does not respond, application does not go through.

And get this, the officer investigating my application came to my house, scared my kid and told me on the phone that my house appeared from the outside to be in good order.

Talk about a chilling effect on a Constitutional right!

Lou

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

So if you live in a house that looks like a crack house than you cannot have a sex change? lol

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The police depend on your employer's opinion whether you should own guns or not?

Now maybe some of you will understand what we in the NFA community go through when we try to transfer a machinegun, silencer, etc. We have to get a CLEO signature. That basically means the local sheriff or police chief, on a whim, decides whether or not he or she wants you to have such firearms.

8. Bushmaster1313

Real problem is that in a Blue state like New Jersey telling someone's employer that their employee wants to buy a gun could hurt the employee's chances of advancement. It could even result in dismissal.

To use an extreme example (I do not mean to offend anyone) it would be as if a worker for a Catholic charity could only get a permit for an abortion after the medical offical contacted her empolyer.

But of course, only in the the case of abortion do the Liberals consider employer notification to have a chilling effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.