1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

nitro/sts hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

are the hulls the same? I know color but is one better than other for reloading

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I use Sts, Nitro & Gun Club hulls exclusively, believe it or not I prefer the Gun Clubs--they last longer, & have fewer splits on the crimp edges. Where I shoot you can easily pick up several hundred @ any registered shoot for free.

Lou

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I use the gold and green hulls interchangeably. However, like a couple of others here, I sense the gold hulls will fail just a little sooner. Well used and toasted greenies seem to keep on ticking while the gold brothers, once pretty well cooked, will get brittle sooner at the crimp area. I haven't a clue why except possibly because I load gold hulls for handicap and green hulls lighter for singles and skeet type applications. I have no inclination to try others......breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

There is a definite difference in the force need to seat the wad in the ones I have. Don't know why it would be that way, but the 27s have more friction than the STSs. Shot the same. Prefer them both to anything else out there. Can't speak about life span, bought too many, haven't worn mine out.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Thanks I will take that and see what the guy will go thanks rick

6. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

They both reload the same....for some reason Golds sell for a little more but , in my reloading they last the same.....if you can get Golds for the same price as Greens....buy them....if not , buy the Greens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.