1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro Sporting Clays recipe

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OregonDon, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OregonDon

OregonDon TS Member

Does anyone have a recipe to duplicate the Nitro sporting clays 1300 FPS?
    TIA, Don

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Don, one of my favorite (chronographed 1310fps) loads out of the Hodgdon book: 25 grains Hodgdon Universal, Spolar Gold 1 1/8 wad or Rem Figure 8 wad, Win 209 primer, Remington Nitro/STS hull. The neat thing is that you can use the same powder bushing but change your speed for 16 yard or handicap loads by using Hodgdon Clays for 16 yd then Hodgdon International for handicap loads. Bob

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Don, You really need to Chrono some factory shells to see what they go in your gun. I did some Nitro 27 Handicap and they were running 1310 thru my gun. Then try to duplicate that speed with your reloads. The AA Silver bullets were going 1350 through my gun. So speed will vary with different loads. I found 18.1 grains of Titegroup will duplicate Nitro 27's in my gun. Just my opinion though. I want to practice with what I shoot so I am anal about doing some testing on my loads.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.