1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro reproduction load

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lither, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lither

Lither TS Member

Anyone have a recippe that will reproduce a Nitro Sporting Clay load?

Ounce and 1/8, 1300 fps?

I bought some new for the hulls and they were great shells.

what powder does remington use in making they're nitros?

Len

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

On the web site they say Titegroup powder...very dense and a little goes a long way....Rickyd

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hodgdon's website has the loads. My favorite for Handicap.

HM

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I don't think you can get the speed that you want out of Titegroup. I believe that the max loading for Titegroup is in the 1250fps range. The sporting clays load will actually chono in around 1325fps, give or take a little. I know of a load listed for Hodgdon's Universal that clocks in around 1310fps according to the book.

I have shot a few of those Nitro Sporting loads and don't like the recoil very well. I only use them on the sporting clays course for a few long shots that I may encounter from time to time. Other than that, I try to stay away from them.

ec90t

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

These sporting clays loads kick like a dang mule and a flame shoots out of the action of my 1100 when I shoot them. I have been saving them for if I ever shoot another annie. There are alot better loads out there. If you want something fast I suggest Win. Super Field. It is rather light recoiling and you can get the speed you are looking for.

Forrest

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A shooting buddy of mine uses those nitro sportings' for line loads and 1 1/2oz of 6's for back-ups. I'll say the same thing here as I tell him; "If you keep shooting those those shells you will just be donating to the rest of us"! My back-up loads don't kick as much as those shells do.

ec90t

7. WEM

WEM TS Member

Pullit! Now I know how you get your 50s Why didn't you tell me?

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The original Nitro load was 21.0 of Clays International = 1,300+ ft./sec. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.