1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro Gold and 27 hullls with green dot.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have several thousand of these hulls and would like to load them with claybuster wads(thats normally all I use) and green dot powder(I have 30 pounds of this but I do have 8 lbs of clays) but don't find a recipe for them. There are tons of recipes for Win AA's. Am I missing something. I wanted to load a 7/8 and one ounce load. Any help. Jackie B.

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Green Dot is a slower burning powder and you will probably not get a clean burn with 7/8 oz loads. You are better off loading with the clays for 7/8 oz. I would use Green Dot for 1oz or more.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

7/8 is too light for Green Dot, but there are several listings for 1 ounce and Nitro hulls on Alliant's web site. Thats about all I use, Nitro hull, 17 grains Green Dot, Win 209 primer, Green Duster wad.

Wayne

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I didn't find any listing for 1 oz loads using claybuster wads and green dot.

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Claybuster is the brand. What specific wad are you using?

Bryan

6. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

I reload 1 oz. and 1 1/8 oz. with green dot. I had a load I liked for the AA hull but couldn't find the same load for the nitro hull. I called alliant and they told me the hulls were close enough that I could use my AA recipe in the nitro. I would still call alliant and ask about your specific load but my guess is they will tell you to use your AA load for your nitro hulls. Hope this helps.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I Don't understand what you're missing? There is lots of data for you're components???????????

Wynne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.