1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?????Nitro 27 steel base??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Too Bad, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Reloading tonight and found a once fired Remington Nitro 27 hull with a steel base. No, it was not plated to look like brass. 100% steel shinny and steel looking, yes, I used a magnet on it.

All the others are brass.

Is this a manufacturing anomaly, or did I find the 1 in 1,000,000,000 hull from Remington that is in a little known, special awards program the finder gets a lifetime supply new Nitro 27's for the lucky dude who discovers the "Special Hull". If so, I pity the poor bast**d who fired it and chucked the empty. Did dumpster diving finally pay off?

No it's not for sale, well maybe!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Richard Luckett

2. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Richard:

You must have 2 in 1,000,000,000 (LOL). I found this one in a box of Nitros I bought at Sparta 2 years ago. Thought it was odd so I put it on a shelf in my loading room. Had forgotten all about it until I read your post tonight.

Cliff

3. Dave90T

Dave90T TS Member

Sounds like you found the genetic anomaly.

Reminds me of the time I made my way through a box of AA Xtra-Light 8's. Get to a middle row and pull out a GRAY shell. Middle of a registed round, so I just stuck it in the gun, fired it without thinking...nothing special, just loaded like any other XL 8. Saved it and looked it over, was stamped AA Xtra-Light 8 too. Just so happened a gray hull from the Super Handicap production run got mixed in with the red's. I still have it somewhere.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This is strange, but my K-80 and it's Briley Skeet tubes like the steel hulled Gun Clubs and Top Guns better then the brass ones. Sometimes the brass hulls do not eject in my tubes or Unsingle. The zinc coated hulls unfailingly eject.

I was initially disappointed when they went to the newer type of hull, but they did their homework.

If I see zinc Nitros at the range, I will snag and load them!

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have a sts that was loaded on one of the dark green ribbed field hulls (looks just like STS, but its ribbed).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.