1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro 27 Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

This past weekend at Linn Creek, I was shooting a box of Nitro 27's I was walking to my last post, when I pulled out my shell the hull has been damaged. It was/is a new shell. It looks like someone had tried to crush it but only bent the hull. I did not attempt to shoot the shell. If anyone has had experience with this let me know. Should I try to return it to Remington. Please let me know. Thanks everyone.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have had every type/make come through with defects. Crinkled shells, missing primer cap. damaged bases. Best you can do is. If you have the case/box/shell Take a photo and email all the info. Case # lot # ship codes what ever you can. Take pics of the labels ect ect. I have done this several times with different results from gift cert. to just a thank you for your keen observation and info pass along to QC. I have called emailed and sent letters. I have been told by all DO NOT SEND SHELL. Response time is very slow. So depending on your resolve. Its best to let them know by phone and maybe they will do something for you. Last I got a remington GC for 20bucks. took 6 months

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I would send them back to remington. I know a guy that had the same thing happen with a box of STS's, I'm pretty sure he sent them back and got a few free boxes of shells.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I'd compose a letter stating how many shells were crushed. Then, drill a hole in the shell to remove the powder (or ship loaded if you have an ORM-D certification - which you probably don't).

Send one shell and the box top showing the lot number to Remingtion Arms.

As stated above; don't be in a hurry for a reply.

WW

5. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Had the same problem last year with STS ammo. On the Remington website there is a contact number for the ammunition manufacturing plant for Remington. call them and explain what you found, They will in turn ask you to send damaged round with top flap of box which has the lot number embossed into it. After doing that they will sent you a letter with explanation for defect, thanking you for your time, send you a refund check for the cost of shipping and a couple of boxes of ammo. Then they will sent you a gift to say thank you again (mine was a nice "Team Remington" hat). Remington is the only manufacturer that has ever responded to any problems I have had. Winchester, Rio or Estate have never returned any calls

Hope this helps

Tony

6. LadyDustM

LadyDustM TS Member

I just had the same thing happen to me with STS at an ATA shoot last week.The last 5 out of 100 were crushed and didn't want to slide into the barrel. I always keep a few spare but not five. I (foolishly?) forced them in an squeezed my eyes shut and they did fire OK. Swear it caused me to miss one. Consensus was the box was probably one the bottom of a pallet that was dropped hard.

7. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I had a reloaded AA not fire on me this last week end and am sending in the info off the 100 pack that the primer was in. Lets see what Winchester will do on this one. Will let ya all know. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I've dealt with both Winchester and Remington on defective shells/ammo.

I had a box of .45-70 Winchester ammo, and five rounds failed to ignite. I returned the defective boxes, since all were from the same lot. Winchester sent me enough coupons to replace the defective ammo, plus three additional boxes. This took about four weeks to complete.

I recently had a Gun Club shell fail to ignite. I sent the shell and the box top from the box to Remington in NC. They forwarded to their Missouri plant. I received a letter from the plant identifying the problem with a defective primer. Under separate cover, about a week later, I received a check from Remington to cover my postage. It also happened to cover a new box of shells.

Good customer service, if you ask me.

Best,
    Dennis

9. betterlatethennever

betterlatethennever Member

I've had several boxes that did not have all 25 shells in them. All from the same case.

Apparently somebody couldn't count that high!!!

10. betterlatethennever

betterlatethennever Member

I've had several boxes that did not have all 25 shells in them. All from the same case.

Apparently somebody couldn't count that high!!!

11. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

And we wonder why prices keep rising? LOL.

It's not a perfect world. So you had 1 bad primer out of what, 1,000? That's .1% not bad if you ask me.

12. oletymer

oletymer Member

Try .001%.

13. wyomingjayhawker

wyomingjayhawker TS Member

At the Grand this yr I found a black Nitro 27, show the guys at Remington they said it was not the 1st and probally not the last, It will be a keeper thou
    Chuck

14. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I think the shells get crushed during shipping and handling. I had a few obviously mangled boxes of STS shells where the corners of the boxes were obviously crushed under weight. Two or three shells were "oblong" shaped around the mouth - obviously the result of great crushing weight. I did not shoot the bad shells and shot the rest - they were fine. This is a common problem with all shells and I think it's from the shipping not the manufacture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.