1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro 100 - - - - Solo 1000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Nitro 100 in my experience is very clean in the barrel and a bit messy in the loader. Those fine grains have a way of slipping out of the bushing just enough to make you clean up the loader every so often. Never used Solo so no help from me there.

That said, it is my powder of choice for all my 7/8 & 1 Oz loads and was used in 1 1/8Oz back when I loaded a lot of them. Only problem is that lately it has given up its low price advantage and become one of the higher cost powders. Fortunately you do not have to use so much of it per shell.

I am talking about the NEW Nitro 100. Be aware that a few years back they changed the formulation which resulted in different loading density between "old" Nitro 100 and "New" Nitro 100. I still think they should have also changed the name when they changed the formulation.

2. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I have used Solo 1000 since it came out, and even before that (noble 78)..
    I have found that it's the cleanest powder for reloading that I have ever used...And it's soft shooting...

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I second the solo 1000. I wish there was a distibutor for powder near me that had it. I used to buy it in the 25 lb. can every year at the state shoot in Ohio. Good luck, Tim

4. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

I've used Solo 1000 for years, and love it. Very clean, consistent powder. Hated to see the price jump so much in the last few years.

5. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

18.5 grains of Solo 1000, Figure-8 Wad, Remington hull, Winchester or Wolf primers works for me, super clean, and a pleasure to shoot, I had rotator cuff surgery in July and started shooting November 1, Solo is a soft shooting powder.

6. mikelittle

mikelittle TS Member

Solo 1000 is very clean and drops the most consistent drops of anything I have ever seen and the recoil is light price was less than anything else but that was a 25lb. keg.

7. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Rex,

1 oz or 1 1/8 for your load?

Thanks

I use 20.5 for 7/8 oz 12 ga

Nice powder, a bit slower burn rate than red dot but faster than green

8. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.