1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro 100 Powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim e, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

Is Nitro 100 powder good for a 7/8 & 1 oz. load. How is the price compared to other powders?

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Nitro 100 is a good powder for what you want. Promo is at least as good, and probably cheaper. If you prefer Accurate Arms powders, Solo 1000 is one of the best powders ever for 24 and 28 gram mild to max loads.

3. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

Do you have any data on the Promo for a 7/8 load? I haven't been able to locate any info on this.

4. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

I've been using Nitro 100 for 1 ounce and 7/8 ounce loads for the past 4 years. I have been very happy with the results. It meters well and I get very consistent results. I have been able to buy a 25 pound carton for about $250.00 so it is very economical. I also have loaded similar loads with 700X and if I didn't mark the boxes with the powder I was using I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I don't know how it stacks up against Promo either from a performance point of view or cost. If you try it I don't think you'll be disappointed.

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Clay cruncher..where have you been getting nitro 100 for $250 for 25 lbs.? That would really help offset some of the high cost of lead!!

6. oletymer

oletymer Member

Jim, use Red Dot data for your Promo loads. Make sure to weigh the charges as Promo is denser and varies from lot to lot. It has the same burn rate as Red Dot and Alliant will tell you the data is interchangeable. If you download their guide there is a section for Promo although their website does not show it.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I got about 15 lbs. of Nitro 100 I bought it cheap along with several other kinds of powder for 5.00 a pound ok don't want to sell it it came from an estate sale.

I was wondering if anyone has any proven good loads in a 1 1/8oz. load im sure there is stuff on the websites but just seeing if anyone knows what works good for them I will be loading in the gold medal hulls with a wad made for the straight walled hull.

Fog

8. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

michmoe: I purchased my last 25 pounder from Graf & Sons at last year's Grand. Connies' Components also had a 25 pounder for the same price last year, but you had to pick it up at one of the shoots they were attending. I don't know if that price is still valid at this time with everything going up in cost. I guess I'll find out at the Grand!

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jerry ok got the email thanks.

Foggy

10. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

I use Nitro 100 and it comes out cheaper than Promo if you buy it in 25 lbs. Recob sells it for 269.99 25lbs. You use less grains that you do with Promo.
    All their load data is on their web site.
    If you buy clabuster wads there is data in the bags also.

My prices are 2.99$ per box of 7/8 and like 3.14$ per box of 1oz
    I use a fiochhi primer

Accurate gives a ferw loads for 1 1/8oz using claybuster wads one is 1200 fps and the others are all 1150 fps.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Rip12
    I talked to Bill the one that started the claybuster company at a shoot saturday and I had forgot to ask if he had the loading data on the gold medal hulls or not but I hadn't relaoded in a few years but planning to start back up since im about out of the new shells so I will check out the loading data in the bags of wads I have it sounds like the 1200 and 1150 fps is the ones I want.

Thanks

Foggy

12. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

I will check my bags when I get home. I am not sure if the 1150 is in there? Go to their website and you will find the data I am talking about.
    Below is the direct link to Nitro 100 recipes

http://www.accuratepowder.com/loaddata_caliber_shotgun.htm

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Anyone ever mixed Nitro and Solo together to get a load?

I inadvertently mixed two kegs together ... pretty in its layers of black and silver, but not sure about trying to use it.

WW

14. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Whiz: Just use Redco data!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nitro 100 powder