1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitro 100 - Does it flow and weigh the same

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SeldomShoots, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Hey, just opened up a new 8lb container of Nitro 100, it seems to be weighing about .6 grains less than the old formulation, in the same bushing. Even with the variations that all powder seems to have in weight, the new formula does not produce as fast of loads for me as the old stuff did. Anyone have any idea if the reformulations is slower at dropping or perhaps hangs up more so than the old formulation. I have switched to a larger bushing, but I still have the opinion that the new formula is not as good as the old. Anyone else had a similar experience?

John E.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The new formulated Nitro 100 is completely different then the older 100, dosen't even look the same. The new stuff is grayish in color the older is black. The new states "not for pistol" where as the old had recipes for pistol reloading.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've noticed the change in density as well, but the performance is still great! My powder of choice in all but the "heavy" 1 1/8 oz loads!

AndyH ;-)

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

When I bought a jug of this 'new formulation' I wondered the same thing. I e-mailed a ballistician at Accurate and was told that you can use the same recipes with this new one as the old. I haven't noticed any difference, except the new is a bit finer.

Tim

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

All powder can "bridge." The vibrator on the Spolar breaks that bridging and moves the powder more evenly.

If I go back to reloading, I'll rig one up on my MEC.

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I guess I will just use the bigger bushing and shake the machine a little more until its used up. Then I may look for something else. They had a great product and they had to go and try to fix something that wasn't broken.

John E.

7. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

A re post! N100-NF "A very fast burning flattened spherical, double-base shotgun powder." Yes it has changed click link above. I think I will stick with TiteWad, it is cheaper. 10tenner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nitro 100 new formulation