1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nissan Rouge S

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OhioGal, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I was wondering if any of you happen to have one of these vehicles and what you think about it. The Impala I have was on a lease which will be up soon, and I have been trying to do my homework on a car. I don't want something small but I don't want to get too big a vehicle either. Don't drive alot of miles as work is close by. Out of curiosity does anybody have the tent that goes along with this vehicle, about fell over when I read that was an option.

Now please don't yell at me about American made, I have GM discounts, Ford discounts and I work for one of those supplies for a Japaneese firm. I am diversified. LOL I am Red White and Blue and a brother who is a lifer Marine, so don't tell me how many people I will be putting out of work.

Thanks Deb

2. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

We bought a new left over 2009 SL AWD over the Christmas holiday. It just turned over a 1000 miles two weeks ago. So far so good. Works good in the snow and seems to average about 21 miles per gallon. I made one small trip mostly highway miles and it averaged 27 MPG.

It may be a little small for my personal taste but my wife loves it. I traded in my 2005 Chevy Equinox for the Rogue and I inherited my wife's 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Dale
    [​IMG]

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Thanks Dale, the guy that does our vehicle maintenance said he had some that did not think they were getting the mileage they expected, but 27 sounds good for open road thanks for your feedback.

Deb

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

We had one- we liked it- Nissan has all the bells and whistles at a cheap price

I will say that Nissan really does provide great service at least here- under warranty without a question

great in snow and rain

Comfortable yet sporty

I have a contact if you wanted to buy one in the Des Moines Iowa area

Gene

5. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

I have a friend that has one and she loves it!! I just leased the Murano (my husband wanted 6 cycliner) and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I say go for it!! Jill

6. BT-99MAX

BT-99MAX Member

Deb: I have a 2009 Rogue SL AWD. I took it on a trip to Connecticut and got 26 to 27 miles per gallon, but around home on short trips I am only getting 18 to 19 M.P.G. The vehicle handles great, rides very nice, has a terrific braking system, and super bright Xenon headlights, especially on high beam.
    Now for the negative items. I logged on to Edmunds.com 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews and found that there were two consistant complaints about this car. The most common complaint was about the poor visibility out the rear of these vehicles, and this is a valid complaint from me also. It is extremely hard to see out the rear when backing up. The second most numerous complaint was about the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Nissan sent me a letter stating that a small percentage of owners have expressed concerns about the cost of repair of this transmission and Nissan is extending the warranty on the CVT from 5 years/60,000 miles to 10 years/120,000 miles.
    So far my transmission is working perfectly. All in all, I am very happy with the vehicle. Dick

7. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Thanks for all the good comments I really thought the S was going to be the way to go with the 360 pkg but I fell in love with the SL today now just looking for best deal here in Ohio

deb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.