1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nines

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jd288, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd288

jd288 TS Member

Anyone use #9 shot for the 16s. Just curious as i was considering with a IM choke. Your thoughts. Will it go back any farther?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

It's my "weenie load" I initially developed for skeet and found by accident that it is a great 16 yard load at 1200 to 1225fps. 7/8 oz of #9s through an Imp. Mod. tube. It has no less than 512 pellets in the payload and can be slowed down for training beginners, has produced a number of 100s at 16 yards for me, and continues to break skeet and close sporting birds. I've broken as many as 24 in a playful round at 25 yards with them and have broken 27 yard birds but obviously don't recommend it for such antics. I certainly wouldn't hesitate using it from 16 to 20 yards.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Since I have about twice as many 9's as 7 1/2's in the shed, I load a lot of nines for the 16 yard and first shot of Dubs. One ounce at 1250 will BOIL a bird. The 7/8 ouncer will do about the same.

I would use the IMOD or FULL if it were me. The most open Trap gun I shoot is 29 points, about a LF. My 40 pointer Unsingle will get a "gee whiz" break with nines at the 16.

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.