1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

nikon camera equipment FS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pjh, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjh

pjh Member

Hello
    I have a Nikon F3 with a MD4 motor drive, 20mm,50mm, 35mm 1.4, 105 macro (with converter) and a 180mm F2.8. any one interested? all the glass is manual focus and will not work on the new digital cameras. Thanks Peter

2. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Peter..in the event you find a buyer for the Nikon equipment, I would love to hear about it. I have several high end Nikons (film cameras) and equipment (lenses, flash, etc.) and I can barely give them away.A very large volume camera store im my area will no longer even take film cameras in trade. I was offered $50 for a Nikon 8008. Technology takes its toll. Good luck.

3. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Could you email me what you are looking to get for the Nikon parts?

thanks

4. pjh

pjh Member

cynergystan. Thanks for the help..

5. pjh

pjh Member

heres a full list. Price is $1600 Thanks Peter
    F3 Body with MD-4 motor drive : out side show some wear but good shape and works fine mechanically.
    20mm F2.8 95%
    35mm F1.4 85% some abrasion on rear element but should not effect image quality
    50mm F1.4 85% same as above / comes with HN-3 lens hood
    50mm F1.4 95%
    50mm F 1.4 out side of lens in great shape / mark on front element
    TC-201 2x teleconverter for 105 macro 95%
    105mm F2.8 Macro 95% +
    180mm F 2.8 90+ % real nice with little wear
    SB-26 flash with Vivitar hot shoe converter / 95%

6. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

PJH Are you sure you can't use those lenses on the new Digital's? I've got some really old lenses and while it won't auto focus on the D-70 and won't auto stop down the aperture the lenses will still fit. You need to check on shutting off the Auto Focus and manually stop down the lens. Let me know what you find. I've currently got a F-1,(still working) a 6006 and an N-50. I'll just hang on to them and maybe one of the grandsons can look at them when I leave and have something to play with, assuming you can still get film. Bill

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

cynergystan, I also have a Nikon 8008. $50 is more than I thought it was worth.

8. pdq

pdq Member

You ought to consider selling on ebay.

About 6 years ago when I made the decision to switch to digital and buy a used Nikon D body, I sold all my equipment, some dating back to the mid 1970s including a Photomic FTn body and 3 fixed length lenses from that vintage. I set reserves on each, and bidding blew past them.

Sold everything.
    Pete

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

pjh, you might want to check for prices on the web page above. When I found my Nikon film gear was not being used, I found a retailer that took me in a back room and based his offer for the bodies, lenses, motor drive, et cetera, on prices on this web page less a reasonable percentage for a trade in value on a P&S digital. The digital isn't being used much either but I feel a lot less obligated to exercise it as I did the high quality gear.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

You may also want to post on the NIKONIANS website. Join, it's free, then post on the vintage camera side.

I second the idea to list the items singly for sale on e bay. Be prepared! Film isn't worth much anymore. Theres a small group who are buying them for actual use and others as collectors. But the market for other than mint/new in box Nikons is very soft.

Good Luck,

FN in MT

11. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

jerryp...The 8008 is still a great camera. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an existing market for film cameras. Some pros are still using them, but they are apparently in a very tiny minority. My daughter got married in February of this year. She found the photog she wanted, which was fine with me.Photog and his assistant showed up with a ton of equipment,all for digital photography. When I questioned why he wasn't using film, he looked at me as though I was growing antlers.Ultimately, he made it very clear that the quality of digital had come so far that there really was no benefit to film and that film was really a handicap and an unnecessary step in getting the picture to the client. Most importantly, the cost of film was an expense for which there was no justification and the use of film caused some photogs to "limit" the number of exposures because of the use of a medium that cost money; it costs virtually nothing to shoot hundreds of digital photos, review the results and print only what you want.Somewhere I think I have an 8 track tape player. Maybe I should find it and relegate it to the trash heap. If the South rises again, Confederate money may have a value. In the meantime I am not going to hold my breath. Good shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.