1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NIK FETZIK!! @ Heartland Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tony Fortino, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Nik Fetzik Tuesday at the Heartland Grand broke 99 singles 97 caps (27yrds) and his first hundred in doubles! all with an SKB combo. KEEP ER' ROLLIN MAN!!

Nick will be giving a clinic when he gets home at his home club, the charge has yet to be determined, but will be by the end of the shoot. lol

Break em' all

Tony Fortino

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

isn't Nick a junior??

3. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Yes sir. Junior from Minnesota

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes, the pint sized "Croatian Crusher" was at it again today running the first 60 caps and looked to be on his way to his grand slam. But the 20 plus MPH winds finally caught up to him and he finished with a 97, his second 97 of the week.

5. mnshooter18

mnshooter18 TS Member

Congrats keep up the fantastic shooting. Couldn't have happened to such good young shooter.

6. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

keep it going Nik, us northern folk are really proud of you!!! dennis

7. mnshooter18

mnshooter18 TS Member

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The hot story in trapshooting today is not Harlan or Leo winning another HOA. No, it's young Nik Fetzik, the Croatian Crusher. Now, while both Leo and Harlan fill their shooting shirts completely, todays hero, the Crusher, is a pint sized shooting machine. Standing all of four feet ten inches tall and weighing in at maybe 119 pounds, the Crusher does not fit the mold of many of our more established heros. But the young man can shoot. The lad broke his second hundred doubles in three events during todays Class Doubles at the Heartland Grand.

Now the question is, what is his secret?? The Piddler, the has been from the Minnesota Dog Squad, thinks it was his expert teaching that opened the doubles door for the Crusher. Some say it's because of the Crushers small stature, the trap house shields his eyes from the sun. Others point to his ability to not let anything more then one thing enter his mind at one time keeping him well in focus. We're not sure what it is but it's working.

I will attempt to interview him tonight over dinner from his high chair and try to report back what the basis of this acheivement is all about.

Mark Zauhar, Ex-Minnesota Dog Squad reporter.

9. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I believe he fills his pockets with iron ore pellets from the "Range" to keep the wind from blowing him around. Appears to be working.

10. mod7x

mod7x Member

Great job "Frisbee" and keep breaking them.

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Well, you Croatian Crusher fans will have to wait until tomorrow for another Crusher report. I did go out to dinner with our young bird breaking sensation but was unable to interview him for tonights report. You see the dinner spot we patronized was out of booster chairs and it was impossible to hold a conversation when the person you are interviewing has the table cloth hanging in his face.

I'll report tomorrow with the Crushers latest scores.

Mark Zauhar, Minnesota Dog Squad reporter, reporting live from the Heartland Grand

12. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

Great shooting Nik. I see you have a new name CC from da range !!! Grind them up. The Piddler

13. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Todays Crusher report is now in. I filed the story with CNN a few minutes ago but I'll give the fine people on trapshooters an early executive review first.

Our wonder boy, the Croatian Crusher, was on target today. He struggled a bit in the caps, dropping 8, but was better in the doubles with a 95. In the singles, he was perfect, crushing all 100. A quick look at the HOA report found the Crusher second overall before todays events. Yes, the Crusher has been just short of spectacular. He even beat All American Mike Westjohn in a doubles shoot off tonight for the AAA runnerup spot in the championship doubles.

The Crushers performance has been so record breaking, even the leader of the Minnesota Dog Squad has taken notice. Yes, The Big Dog himself has called to wish our Crusher continued success and to inquire just what has allowed him to perform at such a high level. Well, it took me a while to talk the Crusher into releasing the secret of his stellar performances, but he finally agreed to share the secret of his great shooting. It turns out the Crusher has been shooting commando!!

Now I can't decide if I should reveal this secret to our hero The Big Dog. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Big Dogs M O, you must understand, they don't call him big because he is tall. The thought of the Big Dog going commando is frightening for sure.

Mark Zauhar, back from retirement as the Dog Squad reporter, covering the Croatian Crusher, live from the Heartland Grand, near Ackley, Iowa.

14. mnshooter18

mnshooter18 TS Member

Great shooting again. Hope he can keep it up. I see he is second in the HOA standings after today's events. He is behind by one target. Good luck the rest of the shoot and thanks for all the updates.

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Well our Croatian Crusher had a pretty good day today. He broke 197 in the singles and an impressive 95 in the caps. But it appears his new found dress code may have hampered him a bit. Watching him on the line it was obvious he had a severe problem. Now I can't say for sure, since I have never seen anyone knowingly infected with a good case of the crabs, but it appeared to me all the sqirming and wiggling the Crusher was doing while shooting had to be due to a severe case of crotch rash. I suppose the Levi's may be a bit rough on his "commando dressed" skin causing the rash and the "crab wiggles".

Let's hope he gets it figured out for tomorrows caps as the Crusher has a great chance of earning another trophy tomorrow to join his already impressive collection.

Mark Zauhar, CNN's roving reporter, reporting live from the Heartland Grand near sunny Ackely, Iowa.

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

results from Monday?

18. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Well the Crusher finished strong with a 99 in singles and another 95 in the caps. He finished the week with all but one score above 90 in the caps including two 97's and three 95's! Doubles were all in the 90's with two 100's! Singles were his only weak spot where he actually had a 97 and a 197! All the other singles were higher including a 100.

It was hard to get close to him on Monday however, as all the shooters were flocking around him inquiring about the "going commando" technique. Seems success has made the Crusher and his new found methods popular. I stood and listened for a while but when some one asked if he was wearing silk lined Levis's to reduce chaffing, I left.

On another front, The Piddler called and said our Dog Squad leader, the Big Dog, upon hearing of the Crushers commando technique, confessed privately to trying this method some time ago. We can all thank God he did it privately. He did reveal he too had the chaffing problems and found Depends solved them. Apparently they manufacture a "Big Dog" version of the things with the Dog's signature on them. I did not ask where he signs them.

Mark Zauhar, reporting live from the Heartland Grand, Ackely, Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.