1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

night time shooting problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have never really liked shooting at night, but I shoot the winter league at my club. They shoot wed/thurs nights and sundays. I end up shooting at night most of the time. Heres my problem. The first round I tend to do just fine, shoot my average. I keep my glasses on stay around the field/simular lighting ect ect. As the time goes by about 15 min between rounds I find it harder to pick up the targets, the angles turn into streaks which I just cant read that well. I would think that my eyes would adjust to the lighting better the more I stay? This is just not the case. I tend to shoot my first round within 10min of getting to the range. Any tips or ideas?

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I too shoot bad at nite, I think one of the problems is depth perception,as for the streak of the target i would try to find a different hold point. good luck ..

3. bertonernie

bertonernie TS Member

1911, quit shooting at night.

Some just can't do it........

Hope this helps

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yeah, Bert. I just might give it up. Unless the club gets some new lights and that helps. No more winter league for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.