1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nigerian 419 Scam

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I'm sure most of you have heard of this scam before. If not, see this link to snopes (yes, I know many of you don't like snopes, but I don't care.)

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

I am not even remotely likely to be caught by one of these scams, I just find it remarkable that in the last month, I have received probably 20 of these messages from different names/e-mail addresses, sent to my personal e-mail address.

Before this month, I could probably count on one hand the number of these I had received in the past 3 or 4 years.

Anyone else noticed a marked increase in these scam e-mails?

Tim

2. Terry Patterson

Terry Patterson TS Member

Scams? You'll be sorry you have that attitude. I am at this very moment expecting a secure cheque from my new good friend at the Nigerian Minerals Ministry because I am such a wonderful person that even he has heard of me and knew I could help him dispose of $640 million.

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Dudley, I'm going to be richer than you are. I am, at this very moment, awaiting delivery of my money via secure bank instrument, from my business associate, who was unable to get his father's fortune out of the Sudan during the recent civil unrest there. In fact, I advised him I would help any of his friends in their quests to get money out of Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Dubai, among others.

I have also won lotteries in Ireland, England, Spain, Germany, and the Netherlands.

As soon as the cheques get here, I'm gone.

Can't we all just get along?

Best,
    Dennis

4. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Holy Kobuta!
    Perhaps not as good of a deal that you guys got, but I'm dealing a fellow from Nigeria who wants to give me $3000 more for my "shoot gun" than I'm asking--he wants it for his pregnant wife as it has a green stock ?(he also has 6 other kids [who in the hell cares?]
    Anyhow once this deal goes down--I may consider going into the gun business

And these gun dealers say they don't make any profit--HUH !!!
    Bob

5. Terry Patterson

Terry Patterson TS Member

Wait a minute, Dennis, I WON THE IRISH LOTTERY! I have the email to prove it. I was just not going to brag, besides it is chump change compared to the money that will soon be flowing in from Nigeria.

6. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

What really scares me is that there are people out there who fall for these things. Next time you stop at a red light just think one of them could be in the car behind you trying to remember where the brakes are.

jim brown

7. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember Dept:

It happened about 2 years ado but there was a company in Nigeria offering to sell trap shooters on this site a "Brown Gun" at a very reasonable price. I wrote the fellow back because I didn't know if the brown part referred to the color of the gun or the brand name. I was shocked that I never received a reply.

I wonder if anyone received theirs and what the POI happened to be.

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I, too, have noticed a real surge in the number of offers and notices of lottery winnings I've received over the last two weeks.
    Not only money is being offered, but several attractive young Russian women in revealing clothing have sent pictures and requests for "freindship for honest man". I always answer them, since scamming is illegal....so they must be legit.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well now I'm bummed.

I haven't received any e-mails from attractive young Russian women in revealing clothing.

10. jimx200

jimx200 Member

The Russian women deal sounds pretty good...maybe I could sign up for a 3-day trial period (just to make sure everything works well).

11. larryjk

larryjk Member

The problem with the scam e-mails is there isn't a way to shut most of them off.
    I like to fill out the data where they are trying to steal your identity, but with information they may not need. For example: my name is "No S---." I use that method to fill out the entire list.

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Prince,

I lived in Thailand about 14 years ago. Maybe they're my kids. Serves you right if they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.