1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Niel Winston... need help with a ballistics issue.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Neil, you were working with shotshell patterns with a computer program. Did that software also include anything about individual pellet energy or ballistic coefficients of the individual pellets? I'm trying to work on flight path and energy data for all pellet sizes, from #12 to the large buckshot. So far I've found very little on line when it comes to individual pellet ballistics.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Lyman Shotshell Handbook number 3 gives Pellet Velocity and Energy, also Time of Flight and Trajectory. Muzzle,20,40,60yds in all categories. It covers from #2 shot to #9's.

Ajax

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'll see if I can find a copy. Thanks. Still need buckshot info.

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Brian, I just looked #1 and #2 have the charts in them too. I can't find #4 or 5 right now, but they probably have them also. I bought #5 at Wholesale Sports on 82nd and I think I've seen them at Bi-Mart.

Ajax

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

The program Neil was using is called Shotgun Insight. You can just Google it and you'll see how it works. It has no impact energy feature.

6. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

Brian I ahve a book that I got from over there "SHOTSHELLS & BALLISTICS" gives from BB's to 9 shot from 25 to 75 yds. Written by John Taylor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.