1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickel 1187 sporting clays info wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brian meyerhofer, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I am looking at buying a 12ga Nickel 1187 sporting clays. I believe the receiver and barrel are both nickel and the barrel is ported. I can not seem to find any info online about this gun, or even any pictures. I really like the looks of the gun and it has nice wood, but more info would be nice. Does anyone have any info, ads, reviews, pics, etc about this gun? any idea of what is worth? If so please email me brian442@yahoo.com

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Brian, You've got mail.

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Brian,

I believe the gun you're looking at is the 1187NP SC. I have the same gun and when I reach for one gun to shoot all the games at our club - that's the one.

Gorgeous wood on mine and the nickel receiver is unusual. My barrel is blued, not nickel so check that again. Mine has a 30" ported barrel in light contour and I got a set of extended chokes for it so I can shoot everything.

Very rare to see this model at the range, mine is the only one i have seen but i know of others that have the same gun and they all seem to give it a thumbs up.

I keep looking for a 26" light contour barrel for shooting skeet but so far no luck - i may have to order it from a Remington dealer.

Enjoy - that is an excellent gun.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

These were the 11/87 SCNP, or Sporting Clays, Nickeled, Ported. They were available in 28" or 30" models. They typically had very good wood and were good shooters, but did not have the gas compensating valve on them. This gun should never be shot with anything heavier than the 3 1/4 X 1 1/4 Super Pigeon load, and had the 2 3/4" chamber.

5. brian meyerhofer

Is it possible that is has a nickel barrel? I am pretty sure that it was not blued, but I will have to check for sure. I know it had porting. I wish I could find some kind of article about this gun.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The receiver had some type of nickel plating, the barrel was blue. The gun was discontinued in 2001 or 2002 and the remaining inventory was dumped on the Remington dealers who were selling the gun for around $ 700.
    A very similar looking, but much improved gun, is the new Remington 1100 Competition model, which sells new for around $ 1,200.
    Neither of these guns ever became popular with sporting clays shooters, who
    shoot mostly Beretta and Browing automatics.
    I had one and sold it for $ 500. That's about the most you should pay for a good used one.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I always thought they were fantastic shooter, with very little recoil and little or no muzzle flip.

As an old Remington Registered Gunsmith, I like their autos and pumps (shotguns).

8. brian meyerhofer

I am alomst positive the barrel was not blued, but I will check tonight for sure.

9. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have one of these in 28" sitting in my safe. It has a nickel receiver, blued and ported barrel along with great wood. Excellent handling qualities with the shorter forearm.

10. brian meyerhofer

I just bought the gun and it has a remington nickel plated, 30", rem choke, light contour, ported barrel. Is this a factory setup or did someone change the barrel?

11. Landshark

Landshark Member

It's an aftermarket nickel job. Can you post pics of it?

12. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I would love to see that nickel barrel - that sounds really unique.

here is a picture of mine. a very nice quality gun for the price.

13. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

another shot

14. brian meyerhofer

Response (Norm) - 02/06/2008 10:14 AM
    Dear Brian:

Thank you for visiting Remington Country. Yes, we did offer the Model 11-87 in a Sporting gun with a nickel barrel in 28" and 30 " barrels.

Customer (Brian Meyerhofer) - 02/05/2008 02:28 PM
    Did remington ever make a nickel barrel for the 1187? If so, what lengths were available? and are nickel barrels still available?

Thanks

Brian Meyerhofer

15. brian meyerhofer

Email me if you want pics. brian442@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

forend for remington 11-87 sporting clays nickel plated

remington1187 sporting clays 12 gauge nickel plated receiver