1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NICK AYCOCK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I received word that Marketing Manager Nick Aycock was in an accident and in pretty rough shape.

Does anyone have any details ???

Wishing Nick a speedy recovery...

Dave in SC

2. Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson Member

I got word late last night that Nick was in an ATV accident and his mother Joy flew out there to be with him. He's out of state and was care flighted to a hospital in Missouri where he underwent surgery for many internal injuries. He was taken into surgery for the second time yesterday because his blood pressure keeps dropping. Nick's injuries are critical and they have him on a ventilator. Please keep Nick and his family in your prayers.

Jim

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I had several recent dealings with Nick and he was very good to work with.

Our thoughts and prayers will go out to him.

SW

4. shotgunpeople

Thank you Jim.

I also received a very nice message (PM) from Gary Thornton who is a friend of Nick's, and wish to thank him for his information.

Our prayers are with Nick at this time.

Dave & Judy in SC

5. shotgunpeople

This from Stacy Hodkey:

I will ask her for an address to send cards...Dave
    *******************************************************************************

Hey Everyone,

I asked if they need anything at the hospital and Brittany told me they are doing okay. However, his mom will be spending all her time out there while Nick recovers. Right now she has not been to a hotel but they found one through the hospital for $35.00 a night. She will probably be there for several weeks (I was assuming more like a month). She has not asked for anyone to defray her expenses but I have already talked to several people who want to help. So I just wanted to put this out there for everyone. By no means feel obligated b/c they have not even reached out for any type of help at this point- this is just something nice that Brittany thought could happen if people felt moved to do so (and I concur).

If you would like to contribute, feel free to send any checks to me but make them out to:

Fund for Nick Aycock and Family

Then I will be having the bank transfer all the funds to his mother and will let her know who contributed. If you have any questions please feel free to call me 305.3948.

So far we do have 7 nights paid for!

Thanks for your time, care and concern,

Stacey

Stacey Hodkey

2203 Blazing Star Dr

Tipp City, Ohio 45371

Feel free to pass this email along to anyone you might know of!

6. garythornton

garythornton TS Member

I just received an update from his brother, Nate. Nick has been in surgery for the past 5 and a half hours. They are setting up an account at a Vandalia, Ohio credit union to help with the expenses that Nick and his family are going to incur. I will add the information when it is set up. I will also include the credit unions information, so that people can verify that these funds will go to Nick.

The main thing we can do right now, is pray for Nick's full recovery.

Thanks,

Gary Thornton

7. shotgunpeople

Thanks Gary for this update and those in the future...

Dave in SC

8. garythornton

garythornton TS Member

An account has
    been setup for the benefit of Nick Aycock & Family. The address is
    ...800 Falls Creek Dr. Vandalia, OH 45377 Phone number is (937)898-7800.
    If you are out of town or state you can mail checks straight
    to the bank just add ATTN:Lynn McCabe .to the envelope.

Update...Nick finished up with the surgery to reconnect his colon and bowel. It looks like that went very well. The docs are going to let him rest a couple of days, then do some more work on Thursday or Friday. His family is doing very good as well. His brother said that all of the concern and kind words that people have been showing is really keeping the family together.

9. shotgunpeople

Gary,

Thank you for the update and good news.

Can you please find out for us the address for us to send cards and well wishes ?

Thanks, Dave in SC

10. garythornton

garythornton TS Member

3655 Vista Avenue
    Saint Louis, MO 63110
    (314) 577-8000

I do not know what the room number actually is. If you send it to Nick Aycock, I am sure he will get it.

UPDATE- His room number is 638

11. clayman51

clayman51 Member

We are keeping Nick in our prayers.

Hope all goes well and a speedy recovery

Dennis & Sharon Menning

12. shotgunpeople

CALAMITY SJ

Thanks for the information and web site. Making a donation is a rewarding feeling knowing we helped out in a small way...

Thoughts and prayers are with Nick and his family...

Dave & Judy in SC

13. garythornton

garythornton TS Member

My wife and I went to see Nick yesterday. He is still in a medical induced coma. He has several more surgeries ahead of him. The doctors are "cautiously optimistic" concerning his recovery. He has developed pneumonia due to the respirator. They are saying that Nick will have set backs. The doctors are doing everything possible including prayer to get Nick through this.

It is so awesome to see the effect that Nick has on so many people. He truly is one of the greatest guys that I have ever known. Calamity posted the Nickaycock.com site. His family is trying to update it daily.

If you'd like to send a free e-card to Nick, the link is http://www.sluhospital.com/en-US/CWSApps/CheerCards/Default.aspx?language=en-US
    His room is covered with them. These are really helping his family cope with the recovery. Please feel free to send one, whether you know him like a brother or never personally met him. I promise you that he is worth the time.

Gary Thornton
    Dayton, Ohio

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Card and prayers sent from Kansas.

15. shotgunpeople

Gary,

Thanks for the update and Calamity for posting the web site.

Thoughts and prayers are with Nick.

Dave and Judy

16. Silver Hair

Silver Hair TS Member

What is the Latest update on Nick's condition?

17. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

any new information?

18. alicia

alicia TS Member

From the Facebook account, Sept. 08 (midnight):

Nick's surgery for tomorrow was cancelled so that he can rest up from today. A few obstacles but nothing your prayers can't pray us thru...Don't forget the message below! Let's run the hospital printer out of ink for Nick's birthday!

http://www.sluhospital.com/en-US/CWSApps/CheerCards/Default.aspx?language=en-US

19. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Does anyone know if the IDNR charged him for drunk driving - or what happened to his passenger in the accident?

20. alicia

alicia TS Member

From the Facebook account, Sept. 08 (midnight):

Nick's surgery for tomorrow was cancelled so that he can rest up from today. A few obstacles but nothing your prayers can't pray us thru...Don't forget the message below! Let's run the hospital printer out of ink for Nick's birthday!

http://www.sluhospital.com/en-US/CWSApps/CheerCards/Default.aspx?language=en-US

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nick aycock accident