1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Trophy Package

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by setter, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setter

setter Member

Takes me to the log in screen!

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Takes me to the log in screen also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

I agree, Jimmy, it should have been better received. A very nice trophy package. Not cheap by any means.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

Being new to this sport and this board I have been seeing a lot about bad trophies. Well I can say that that fine looking gun in the above picture is a heck of a nice trophy, just wish I was good enough and had the time/money to go down to Texas and shoot for it.

Allan

5. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Jimmy,

Nice trophies, but geez, gotta calm down a bit about the response. It looks like you had only posted this about 3 hours, on a Saturday morning before you second post. Give us a chance to see it first. Also, there's no costs listed on the poster, so how were we to know that there isn't higher than average fees?

Very nice trophies and you will have some very happy shooters.

On Sunday's handicap, $10,000 to a 100 straight? Just curious is that every 100 or just the first hundred? I know, not likely to be multiples, but you might want to clarify that. If you have it insured I would be willing to bet that your policy reads the "first" hundred straight.

Tom

6. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Jim and all the Texas BoD members and the association in general This is by far the most outstanding trophy package I have seen in years. My congratulations to all, for all the efforts it took to achieve it.

And I am sure you will not be affended by comments such as Mr. Berry's. Hopefully he is not a Texas state member and therefore ineligible for these wonderful trophies. Or at least I hope he is not. He appears to be just another naysayer. Maybe he might post his name, and reasons to critize, but I doubt it. - Jim Elliott

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

When I get better pictures I'll put it back up. They weren't my pictures. Jimmy Borum

8. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Mr Elliott,

I've posted my name just like you, unless Jim Elliott isn't your real name.

Please tell me where I was critical of the Texas Trapshooters Association.

The only thing I criticized was Jimmy's second post. I thought he was a bit quick to chastise the members of this forum for not responding in a positive manner as quickly as he would have liked and the fact that he assumed we all knew or should have known the target cost.

My comments about the 100 straight thing was meant to be constructive as I have seen these types of things go bad when unanticipated results occur.

Other than that, my only comment was complimentary of the trophy package.

Tom Berry

9. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Tom - You were right to pick up on the short time between post but, as I explained, I edited the post the next day and should have just made a new one with the correct time and date. My fault. I am trying to get some better pictures of the guns to show them better. The original is on the Texas Pre-squad post. The Henry rifles are the trophies for two handicaps and have no extra entrance fees associated with them. The champion gets a 17HMR and the three yardage groups (note to Neil), Lady, Vet, Sr. Vet., Jr., Sub-Jr. get 22LR's. If you shoot our HOA, you are automatically entered in the $10,000 purse for 100 straight in the Texas Handicap Championship (ties divide). There is a Browning BPS donated by the NSC for the handicap on Wednesday. As we always do, we put up an 870 based on Thursdays scores. If you exceed your averages for the previous year in all three desiplins and timely post your scores at the scoreboard, you are automatically in a carry-over to Fridays handicap for the 870. We do our best to give back to the people who support trapshooting in Texas and invite all to join that group. The program will be up on our website before May. Jimmy Borum

The best picture I have at this time.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.