1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NICE SHOOTING --- TOM STRUNK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grunt, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doesnt look like his new knee slowed him down. Nice score Tom..

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

They must have attached his new knee to his chin to keep his head down. ;-)

Tom, nice shooting. I'm sorry I missed you. Will you be over for the Western Zone at Redlands?

JT

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

We missed Tom in Utah, but glad he inflicted that shooting on the poor Californians. Good shooting Tom! Bruce

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

25-25-25-24 ... sure hope it wasn't Tom's last bird ... or ... he'll never live it down!

Congrats to both Tom and Phil!

5. white rattler

white rattler Member

Good shooting Tom. You made AZ. proud. Trevor Dawe.

6. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Tom, I am speechless. All I can say is awesome shooting again! Way to go. Phil Simms

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Thank you all. I't so nice to shoot without pain, I have been hurtin for a year and a half. But it's over now, thanks to my partial knee replacement two and a half months ago.

I'm thru shooting for quite a while, except for one day deals. My wife is in to bad of health to leave her for any length of time again.

I missed my eighth target out from post three, right angle. Also had another 75 straight in handicap earlier in the week, missed three on the first field.

Phil, I was using your Pro-Soft stock that you "fitted" and made for me.

Tom Strunk

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I had a real good look at those 99 breaks on Sunday and they were awesome!! Shooting next to Tom, I had to wait till the smoke cleared before I could see the one I called for! Think I'll move over a peg or two next time??? :)

We'd change stations, he waltzes or saunters over and it's smoke city again folks! :) I'm certainly glad to see my pal shooting without pain on every shot these days, knowing what that's like! Tom had a very good week at the Ca. state shoot and I enjoyed shooting with the smoke crew the last three days events.

Great job buddy!!

Hap

9. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Tom...you left a few trophies behind here in California and I will mail those out to you asap...good shooting.

Kym Hughes
    CGSTA Trophy Chairman

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I need to give out a special thanks to Zack and Dave for starting the "special event". I hear the person that bought me pocketed about $4,000.00 plus. I don't know who is was, if you are reading this please let me know who you are by way of the private message system built into this site. Thanks.

Tom Strunk

11. biff

biff Active Member

Tom, congratulations on your great shooting, looks like you have a good start on those new knees! Biff

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Tom, great shooting. I was wondering if you were using Phil Simm's new Pro Stock, but saw Phils Post that you were. I sure it will be a great addition to shooting when he gets all the hurdles cleared.

13. bas

bas Member

Congrats, Tom...that was a great 99 and the only one! Makes it even better.
    You are right Trevor...we are proud of Tom and all of the AZ shooters who brought home trophies from CA.

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Tom...so nice to meet you outside of cyberspace for the first time. Congratulations!!! And after that tremendous win, I saw you calmly and cooly climb into that D-Max and head south. Wide F--- Cool!

David

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

This bit of info is for the newer guys reading and not aware of what those 300 broken targets are in a single days shoot.

100X100 singles

100X100 handicaps

100 straight on 50 pair of doubles, all broken on the same day!! Awesome performance!!

David, it was nice meeting and chatting with you at the state shoot guy!!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.