1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice review of Topper Trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

http://www.gunauction.com/news/article/20120409-H-R-Topper-Trap-No-SB1-30T-2.75-Inch-12-Gauge.cfm

I remember Tron doing a review of modifications he would make also on these pages and he did make them on one gun

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

They kick like hell, period.

-Gary

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think H&R meant well? I also think they meant to get in on the action of supplying the youngins with cheap single barrel guns so popular in trap. Trouble is, I seriously doubt the designers and engineers ever shot more than a few clays with those lightweight mules if at all? Those things will ruin more kids spirit for shooting competition than about any shotgun I've ever seen! Bad idea from the start in the name of "CHEAP"!!

Gary, you're so right guy!!

4. RickN

RickN Banned User Banned

I thought the review was rather funny....."The auto ejector was located at 6 o'clock behind the chamber mouth."......really? Geez why would they put it there????

It's chambered for 3", but I don't think I'd dare shoot one.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

We've had a couple of them at our club. They are light and kick, but not only that they are hard to cock for some one with small hands. The trigger pulls are terrible. I loaded some 3/4 loads for them to tame them a little and the kids shot better.

Ajax

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Engraved model $10,000.00 LOL

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

My buddy and I were out playing with my plain Jane NewEngland 12 mod choke today with a back yard thrower we had a blast. We didnt shoot a whole round each but man it was busting them good.

Perhaps fill the stock with some weight, a dead mule or something I think it could be tolerable.

Unfortunately you can buy a 870 express for $250 BUT if its a trap model well then its $600

Remington why not a plain Jane 870 trap matte finish birch Monte carlo stock pressed checkering something easy something inexpensive(not cheap

Jerry Lewis

9. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I bought one just for shits and giggles. It shoots pretty darn good. I bought it just to prove I can shoot about any gun someone gives me. I broke a 46 of 50 this winter from the 20yd and hit them good. They do kick with factory loads but with some lighter reloads kick was normal and not too bad. I agree for a young shooter the hammer is stiff but I had gloves on as it was 17 degress when I shot it so it didnt hurt my thumb.
    Chris

10. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

Seems these are out of production and word is they're not going to make more. We were looking to get some as loaners on our range, but reconsidered as they are tough to cock and even harder to uncock if you have to unload for any reason. Hard for kids to open too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
sb1-30t
h & r topper 12 ga review
h & r topper trap sb1-30t
h and r topper trap
h&r sb1-30t for sale

h&r topper trap gun review 2014

topper trap gun reviews
which is better h&r topper or the parden